Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tooch

One of the Regulars
Oxidation of the wire in the reed of the sweatband is not uncommon on vintage lids. I have a few Open Roads that have the same, but not quite as bad, issue.

Oxidation? That makes sense -- a lot more sense than dabbing green goop on a hat.

billyspew

One Too Many
x3 Adam
3834510158_e7754c772d_m.jpg
3833727117_7348bf799a_m.jpg
3833732953_f6bb3a3d57_m.jpg

Details in Adam Alley

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Whippetlash, tied to the whippet post, whippety-do- da...all this punmanship is killing me, gentlemen. :eek: :D lol Looks like we have some new acts for the lounge.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
My new Foldaway arrived!...

Hi All,

I order a Christy's Foldaway form Duane at the fedora store. It arrived today and I'm liking it! The color is a nice brown (referred to as Burma in the tag) and it also came with a tube. Here are some pictures I just took.
And yes, you did see a pink elephant in the background. His name is Salomon and he likes to hang out near the window:p

Just out of the box:
DSC04121.jpg

After I dry creased it:
DSC04122.jpg

The inside cloth sweatband:
DSC04123.jpg

Rolled inside it's (rather big and a bit inconvenient) red tube.
DSC04124.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Aureliano said:
Hi All,

I order a Christy's Foldaway form Duane at the fedora store. It arrived today and I'm liking it! The color is a nice brown (referred to as Burma in the tag) and it also came with a tube. Here are some pictures I just took.
And yes, you did see a pink elephant in the background. His name is Salomon and likes to hang out near the window:p

Just out of the box:
DSC04121.jpg

After I dry creased it:
DSC04122.jpg

DSC04123.jpg

DSC04121.jpg
I really like the looks of that!! :eusa_clap

Whats the specs, ..i.e. brim width ..crown height ... ribbon width.

That one may be in my future!!!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aureliano said:
Hi All,

And yes, you did see a pink elephant in the background. His name is Salomon and likes to hang out near the window:p

Thats a nice brown. It seems to dry crease rather nicely too; I like it!

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
I really like the looks of that!! :eusa_clap

Whats the specs, ..i.e. brim width ..crown height ... ribbon width.

That one may be in my future!!!

Thanks RBH. The hat is suprisingly better than I though it would be. The felt is beautiful, not too soft, not too stiff and very light. Pops right back into shape.
The brim is 2 1/2, crown unbashed 41/2 and the ribbon is one perfect inch. I think they might run a bit bigger. I ordered a 71/8 but Duane (don't know if by accident or because he knew the hats run big) send a 7 instead and it fits well. Maybe, just maybe a little loose.

Mr. Paladin: it does dry crease easily! I would try another bash with steam and see what happens

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Wow, that's a beauty! would like to see a noggin shot please...

Aureliano said:
Hi All,

Just out of the box:
DSC04121.jpg

After I dry creased it:
DSC04122.jpg

DSC04123.jpg

DSC04121.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
BobC this Whippet's a real beauty! Goodie for you...
BobC said:
A new gray Whippet was sitting on the dining room table when I got home from work today. It had a center dent when it got here, but I steamed it back to open for pics. The seller said he'd sent it to Optimo for a cleaning and then put it away and never worn it. It's pretty minty. Thank you to whomever he is.

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

RBH

Bartender
BobC said:
A new gray Whippet was sitting on the dining room table when I got home from work today. It had a center dent when it got here, but I steamed it back to open for pics. The seller said he'd sent it to Optimo for a cleaning and then put it away and never worn it. It's pretty minty. Thank you to whomever he is.

IMG_1371.jpg

SWEET!!!!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
Whippetlash, tied to the whippet post, whippety-do- da...all this punmanship is killing me, gentlemen. :eek: :D lol Looks like we have some new acts for the lounge.

Why are we being Pun-ished like this?!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe