Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
My new Work of Art arrived today

Going to start this off with...
worthlesswithoutpics
Because I am too nasty from ranch work to really mess with it more. Check Art Fawcett thread for pictures tomorrow most likely.

I will say one thing = this hat is unadulterated SEX on a SWEATBAND!!!!

I went for the Penney Marathon that Jeff Bridges wore in Sea Biscuit & one that Rusty has. I then went with a Playboy ribbon band since seeing Jimmy the Lid's latest Playboys. I chose the Blue Smoke because I wanted a gray/blue scheme since I had brown/tan covered with Silver Belly Stetsons. I LOVE this color.
Go ahead & give me grief but I've still got 2 stalls to clean & manure spreader to empty. Photos tomorrow...

GREAT job ART!!! A MILLION Thanks! :D :D :D :D :D

RBH

Bartender
gtdean48 said:
Going to start this off with...
worthlesswithoutpics
Because I am too nasty from ranch work to really mess with it more. Check Art Fawcett thread for pictures tomorrow most likely.

I will say one thing = this hat is unadulterated SEX on a SWEATBAND!!!!

I went for the Penney Marathon that Jeff Bridges wore in Sea Biscuit & one that Rusty has. I then went with a Playboy ribbon band since seeing Jimmy the Lid's latest Playboys. I chose the Blue Smoke because I wanted a gray/blue scheme since I had brown/tan covered with Silver Belly Stetsons. I LOVE this color.
Go ahead & give me grief but I've still got 2 stalls to clean & manure spreader to empty. Photos tomorrow...

GREAT job ART!!! A MILLION Thanks! :D :D :D :D :D

WHERES THE PHOTOS!!!

wherer.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
I went for the Penney Marathon that Jeff Bridges wore in Sea Biscuit & one that Rusty has. I then went with a Playboy ribbon band since seeing Jimmy the Lid's latest Playboys. I chose the Blue Smoke because I wanted a gray/blue scheme since I had brown/tan covered with Silver Belly Stetsons.

OK, gtdean -- since you're forcing us to guess, here's my guess. In Stetson-speak, a hat like you're describing -- with a Marathon crown, a Playboy ribbon, and a thin edge binding (which I'm assuming your lid has) -- is known as the "Wanderer". Imagine this one in blue smoke...

51Wanderer.jpg

Am I close? [huh] :)

Cheers,
JtL

RBH

Bartender
gtdean48 said:
Shuddup! :p I've gotta go to f'ing dinner party. Be up tomorrow morning.
Don't touch my hat at Mike's with no pizza fingers!! :D

I am sure everyone will try your hat on... SO..
I will keep up with the money...
YEAH...
Thats right, I willl keep up with the money.
You have nothing to worry about.

And rest assured ... we will not take pictures!!!!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
YEAH...

I heard ....... nevermind.;) lol

RBH said:
YEAH...

I knew I could count on you to take care of the funds!
My photos are in the Art Fawcett Hall of Fame thread.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Howdy gents, I bought two interesting hats yesterday at an antique shop in Bakersfield... One is a late 30s Knox, nice tall crown, semi wide brim and needs to be cleaned. It set me back $8.00! And it fits well!

The other hat is a very early Lee... it's tall crown, small brim... a hair under 2" I'm sure. The interesting point about this hat is that it's a light gray felt but, the felt has a repeating top stich all over the hat. It was only $7. dollars and fits me as well. This hat is in rough shape, has a small hole on the side of the crown but, I'll take some photos of these hats and let you guys check'em out.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Awaiting FM's PICS

FM, know with your eagle eye these hats will work for you! If you could post some pics in your period clothes that would be GREAT! Solid Citizen :D

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RBH said:
YEAH...

Tom, Rusty was very careful to keep track of every dollar. He used the money he collected the buy a new ribbon from Mike that we all agreed looks much better on the hat. And you are going to love the porkpie crease we had Mike put in it for you. :eek: :D :D :D

Wait til you see the pictures we would have taken!

By the way, that really is one sharp looking lid. I can't wait to see it on YOUR noggin. I've seen it on everyone else's. :D

RBH

Bartender
BobC said:
Tom, Rusty was very careful to keep track of every dollar. He used the money he collected the buy a new ribbon from Mike that we all agreed looks much better on the hat. And you are going to love the porkpie crease we had Mike put in it for you. :eek: :D :D :D

By the way, that really is one sharp looking lid. I can't wait to see it on YOUR noggin. I've seen it on everyone else's. :D
:eusa_doh:

lol lol :D

:kick: You guys really know how to treat a friend!
BobC said:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe