Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tom78

New in Town
Christy Adventurer in Light Sable

Sorry, I was too excited to do a pic before I did a rough bash!

Comments welcome: I have quite a square face, so the crown is as high as it can be for me.

Quality is good.

Contrast the colour to the Bessemer. I had a Burma in the same shipment, which I'm returning with some quality issues. Excellent service as always from Hornets. Anyway, see the contrast:

versus

buler

I'll Lock Up
dunlap backbow

Received this near mint Dunlap today. No model name. Has the Dunlap Superior liner tip. Black with wide backbow ribbon. More pictures and details at the Dunlap Drive-In.

B

dunlap_2-1.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Buler, I really love black hats - and yours looks like an especially nice specimen, even though I'm not a huge fan of the backbow. But the dimensions on that hat are just right. :eusa_clap BTW: Did I mention that I love black hats?

buler said:
Received this near mint Dunlap today. No model name. Has the Dunlap Superior liner tip. Black with wide backbow ribbon. More pictures and details at the Dunlap Drive-In.

B

dunlap_2-1.jpg

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Borsalino Grand Prix Paris 1900

New ebay-victory arrived. I took some artistic liberty and aged the photo a bit.. I think it's a difficult hat to combine with the general attire I have in my closet. We'll see how much it get's worn. I like the hat, but it's not instant love.. As with my FedIV :eek: Also the colour is tan, and pretty vulnerable to dirt (I should've realised that before taking the plunge :eek: ) But this could be said for all the lightcoloured hatwear I have.. lol

borsalino.jpg

J.L. Picard

One of the Regulars
djgo-cat-go said:
New ebay-victory arrived. I took some artistic liberty and aged the photo a bit.. I think it's a difficult hat to combine with the general attire I have in my closet. We'll see how much it get's worn. I like the hat, but it's not instant love.. As with my FedIV :eek: Also the colour is tan, and pretty vulnerable to dirt (I should've realised that before taking the plunge :eek: ) But this could be said for all the lightcoloured hatwear I have.. lol

borsalino.jpg

DJGO,

I think this hat looks great on you. It looks pretty sharp on the picture!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Do not fret, djgo-cat-go, that hat is looking mighty fine on you! :eusa_clap

And about that artistic liberty you took - well, it makes the photo stand out, that much can be said, but I'm afraid you'll now have to put some kind of sepia spell on everybody in order to make yourself look like you do in the photo. Good luck with that... :D

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Peach Playboy

Today's antique store find - Royal Stetson "Gold Medal" light tan/Peach Playboy

Size 7 but a tad loose so it will be going to classifieds

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

billyspew

One Too Many
Okay, not so new, but it's been sitting at work since it was delivered, it's currently being "bathed", but here's the Stetson Special I picked up last month.
It's in a pretty ropey old condition, quite crushed, and a few nasty moth bites, but once cleaned it should make a good "beater". It's a 7 3/8 (didn't know what size it was going to be), and has a date written inside of '37. Interestingly it'd from the same Hat Shop as the Stetsonian I picked up from the same seller... The Guerdan Hat Co. of St Louis.

3743896786_b33b3dabd7_m.jpg
3743105517_b6cdaf2bf3_m.jpg

3743899330_2a8b32642d_m.jpg
3743108577_2b084c29b0_m.jpg

3743109803_6c30e0aab8_m.jpg
3743111157_ca18292ffd_m.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
Today's antique store find - Royal Stetson "Gold Medal" light tan/Peach Playboy

Size 7 but a tad loose so it will be going to classifieds

]

You are certainly welcome to sell it($), but a tad loose is no problem at all to remedy if you like the hat(I'm sure you know).

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm singing along with these other guys, Garrett. That's a good looker, and if it's just a tad loose.....:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe