Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
Thanks!

I really don't have a particular way of creasing a fedora. I let each one inform me of its preferences. This one just wants to be this way. :)

Great felt/ribbon color combo also.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Nice one, Gene.

Cheers,
JtL

Jtl - I was surprised to hear your avatar is actually a photo. It looks just like the fedora that Robert Montgomery wore in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" (IMO). I can't find pics of it on the internet, and there's no way I'll ever rent that dumb-dumb-dumb movie again :) ... But the fedora looked super-sharp.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Jtl - I was surprised to hear your avatar is actually a photo. It looks just like the fedora that Robert Montgomery wore in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" (IMO). I can't find pics of it on the internet, and there's no way I'll ever rent that dumb-dumb-dumb movie again :) ... But the fedora looked super-sharp.

Neat -- if you ever find a photo of it, let me know!

In making my avatar, I was kind of shooting for a little of the ambience that's in the Fedora Lounge scene at the top of the page...;)

Cheers,
JtL

buler

I'll Lock Up
Disney Ranger

Got a Disney "open road" style hat today, the Ranger. I didn't see it listed in the "other open road" thread. I'll put more pics and detail in there and the Disney Diner thread.

B

3544351666_2808fc84a2_o.jpg

3543542737_f9a8f09f9a_o.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
buler said:
Got a Disney "open road" style hat today, the Ranger. I didn't see it listed in the "other open road" thread. I'll put more pics and detail in there and the Disney Diner thread.

B
Nice but I don't notice anything but that avatar!lol

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Boater

MichaelShane and Gene -- I had to smile reading your comments about getting a boater. Will I ever wear one a whole lot? No. But, does it seem like having a vintage boater is just a neat thing? Yes!

I've always been hoping to find a boater that would go back to the 20's - 30's -- something that would be tied to that era. I scored this lid this evening -- and, I think it's safe to say that this one dates to at least the 30's...:)

StetsonBoater.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Stetson made its very first shipment of Stetson-made boaters in January of 1929. I don't know if they sold boaters with outside-made bodies prior to that. Very nice.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
1) Thanks for the congrats about my Playboy acquisition. Getting a hat like that is sweet, and your comments are like the icing, y'know? :D

2) Buler; Disney made some wonderful hats and that version is fantastic. Well done indeed. :eusa_clap

3) Jimmy; That is a very nice straw at a very good price. You do realize you have to show us at least one shot with you under it before you put it on the shelf as a display piece don't you? ;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
1) Thanks for the congrats about my Playboy acquisition. Getting a hat like that is sweet, and your comments are like the icing, y'know? :D
There's a 7 1/8 out there if anyone's looking. Nuff said.

2) Buler; Disney made some wonderful hats and that version is fantastic. Well done indeed. :eusa_clap
Yep, that's a great score.

3) Jimmy; That is a very nice straw at a very good price. You do realize you have to show us at least one shot with you under it before you put it on the shelf as a display piece don't you? ;)
We're all waiting for the noggin shot.
Three sweet lids!

Torpedo

One Too Many
jimmy the lid said:
MichaelShane and Gene -- I had to smile reading your comments about getting a boater. Will I ever wear one a whole lot? No. But, does it seem like having a vintage boater is just a neat thing? Yes!

I've always been hoping to find a boater that would go back to the 20's - 30's -- something that would be tied to that era. I scored this lid this evening -- and, I think it's safe to say that this one dates to at least the 30's...:)

StetsonBoater.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Hi Jimmy, well done! This hat looks very similar to this other Stetson boater I acquired a few weeks ago...

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=28151&page=5&highlight=boater+faction

Now we are two to go for the barbershop quarter. ;) BTW, I have not posted the noggin' shot yet - I wonder if we could concoct some kind of virtual meeting for the première...:p

Lokar

A-List Customer
Just a quick update of the fedora I posted a week ago, I steamed it and put in a center crease with front pinches, as I tried a diamond and it looked awful on me. A plus side of the steaming is it seems to have really helped the brim snap down again (and has curved the front of the brim up even more when it's snapped up, and it's definitely supposed to be snapped down).

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Regarding that bow, I would probably reposition it slightly so that the end of the front of the ribbon, under the bow, was not visible. IOW, raise the bow just slightly to cover the edge of the ribbon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe