Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roadopen

One of the Regulars
Hi All,
Haven't really investigated the circa year of this Royal Stetson but it was kept in the box for quite sometime. There is no sign of sweat marks nor coloration runs along with tattered bows and what not.

The felt is smooth and the weight is very light, finely finished, the round up brim is curved perfectly all around. The color itself grey/gray is more of a slate/steel with a sheen.

I now present a newly member of my soon to be a collections of hats.
New for me this 2018 but made ???? :

IMG_6606_zpsh9ce2dhf.jpg

IMG_6610_zpsu7igiga2.jpg

IMG_6608_zpsjn8drop9.jpg

IMG_6607_zps05qg450q.jpg

IMG_6612_zpsckxkk80n.jpg

IMG_6609_zpsy3rd9way.jpg

The initial shape I did was the Cattleman's mode, I also did the classic Fedora tear drop/diamond shape style...can post later I guess so I kept this shape for now for pictures.

I think this as clean as it can get sans wind cord and the pin, I did brush it counter wise etc., hardly any dust.

Anybody in the know of age and price these would be going for back then and now?
Please feel free to educate my newly found hobby. Quite happy and lucky I'd say to score on this baby.

Thank You All!
Roadopen

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
These are purchases of a summer that is ending with temperatures above the norm after two intense and catastrophic storms of about ten days ago
2a4q0i9.jpg

Barbisio size 5 or 57 cm. done in the historic factory of Sagliano Micca, before 1980
j6muep.jpg

The felt has a finish with short hair, very soft and malleable
ngoda8.jpg

The hat is garnished with a dark brown ribbon and the brims are edged of the same ribbon
znx4l5.jpg

The hat is very classic for Italian canons of about forty years ago.
The proportions are: brim to 5 cm., Crown to 12 cm. and 3 cm tape
2mzfb6c.jpg

The color is "Daino" and the finish of the felt is "Talpa"
2mrwfab.jpg

The hat has arrived, along with others, in good consitions, but a measure too narrow for my head
2n0jv5y.jpg

Once the dust was removed, cleaned and put in contact with the steam, he highlighted his fantastic felt.

Roadopen

One of the Regulars
And this Strato-somethingorother. I think it was a factory second as the price tag say OOPS. Or is that O.P.S.?

View attachment 135476

View attachment 135486

View attachment 135479

View attachment 135480

View attachment 135483
I can only bow before your mastery of sniffing out bargain hats, Bob. Congrats on these.

Roadopen

One of the Regulars
Another Borsalino came in today. I traded this one with Brent (@deadlyhandsome) for a Barbisio and a panama. The auction shots made it look black, which would have been fine with me, but it is in fact grey. So many thanks go out to Brent for getting this one for me.
There are two members on this lounge who thought they had cornered the market on Marque Grand Luxe Borsalinos (Bowen? Max?:)), but this one escaped their attention. And it's a velour!
Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe in Lupo (wolf) colour. Raw edge brim at a hair under 5,5cm and crown at 10cm at the pinch. Bob Roberts had/has a hat in Lupo colour, which I always liked, so I'm over the moon with this one.
borsalino-lupo_01-jpg.135502
borsalino-lupo_02-jpg.135503
borsalino-lupo_03-jpg.135504
borsalino-lupo_04-jpg.135505
borsalino-lupo_05-jpg.135506
borsalino-lupo_07-jpg.135507
borsalino-lupo_09-jpg.135508
borsalino-lupo_10-jpg.135509
borsalino-lupo_12-jpg.135510
borsalino-lupo_11-jpg.135511

Forum statistics

Threads