Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Michael - the ribbon is dark grey. We went through several possibilities before settling on this.

Moon - thanks (again)! I keep thinking this is the hat Stetson should have made when they launched the modern Stratoliner.

Boy it looks Perfect !

nailed it !!!

DITTO !

I love the Tom Mix hat on the Mackey site!

http://www.mackeycustomhats.com/the-hats

Me too David ! That Sahara is KILLER on the Gus ! But the others are , too !

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Did you know the Largest Cattle Ranch in the US is in FL ?! I know a guy that I used to haul hay with as a kid that works there , now . Nice Mackey Joao ! I'm sure my first Custom Western will be a Mackey , 99.44% Sure .
No, I didn't know that.
This is my 3rd custom hat but two of them were not made for me (Buckaroo Hatters/Mackey Custom Hats) but they fit very very well on my head! I'm impressed!
The first custom hat I got was made by myself ;)

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I was thinking about this recently, especially after receiving my new Gannon on Thursday. The two hats I have gotten from Gus Miller (one custom) have my initials stamped in gold on the sweatband, just as many of my vintage hats have the original owner's initials. When looking at these hats, I'm sure many of us would like to know a little about who "CJK" or "PW" are. IN one instance, I have a hat that I was able to find out about at least the last owner from her daughter (Grandma Anna's Royal Stetson). However, the hats I'm getting from Mr. Gannon have my full name in them. Someday, when I'm dust in the wind, I guess some hat collector will pick up my hat at an estate sale or on an auction site and look at the name and think, "Who was this guy?"

So they'll Google me and think they got a hat from a Washington Post reporter.

...or perhaps a registered sex offender (sigh)

I don't show up for 10 Google pages anymore, and that's my Etsy profile. Before that reporter came along, I'd at least have an old conference briefing show up in the first few pages.

There are a few of the Vintage hats we have had with an interesting "past owner" history. Thankfully a name or something else was stamped into the leather sweatband of the hat, for some presentation or gift phrase comments. One such hat was owned by a man that was a founder of a real estate organization in the Philippine Islands in the late 1940's, that he had been a success here in the US, and then decided to invest there. Another hat we have owned belong to Mr. Bill Knapp, the founder of his own Restaurants...we have had a few other hats that were easy to track the ownership that proved to be very interesting. Maybe just being able to link a hat to it's past gives us here a "connection" to the days-gone-bye, when things were a bit more laid back and with those values we hold dear to our hearts? What ever it may be, we have found it enjoyable to know a hat's past history!

My Texas Hatters "Half Breed" belonged to a Texas attorney (Arlington, Dallas and Houston) who passed away in December at age 79. Not sure why the family let this heirloom go, but I'm happy to have it.

27568806754_a50c031d5e_z.jpg

27576257563_ae2302c511_z.jpg

28170120551_e9f4fdf0fa.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82