Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mm25

One Too Many
A new straw for the summer. It's not a bad weave and lacks the hard shellac that so many new straw westerns have, so it moves and breaths a little.

It was delivered saterday, but I didn't know until I saw the tracking notice today.

Saterday we had 50 mph winds! I came home, no hat. Called the post office and they confirmed delivery. Hmm, straw hat in cardboard box, I'm thinking it could be in Oz by now.

I walked up and down the block until a saw a wet cardboard box in the back of an undeveloped lot a few houses away. It was my hat.

Thankfully the seller had wrapped the hat in saran wrap for some reason. It was dry and in fine shape. ☺

A new straw for the summer. It's not a bad weave and lacks the hard shellac that so many new straw westerns have, so it moves and breaths a little.

It was delivered saterday, but I didn't know until I saw the tracking notice today.

Saterday we had 50 mph winds! I came home, no hat. Called the post office and they confirmed delivery. Hmm, straw hat in cardboard box, I'm thinking it could be in Oz by now.

I walked up and down the block until a saw a wet cardboard box in the back of an undeveloped lot a few houses away. It was my hat.

Thankfully the seller had wrapped the hat in saran wrap for some reason. It was dry and in fine shape. ☺
Great detective work!

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Just received this Fawcett blocked Montecristi from fellow Lounger Nik (Rabbit). Close to 800 WPI, beautiful vueltas and in super shape!

On most of those closely weaved Montes the brim is very soft and flexible. After re-shaping it to my LO the brim is everywhere, but of course that was expected. It reminds me a bit of Pappy o'Daniel from O Brother Where Art Thou :D Well, a little steam and some handywork and it'll be perfect ;)

Seller's images:
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_WP9g6EI.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_6qEq67X.jpg

A great thanks to Nik - and DHL for a speedy delivery!

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_WP9g6EI.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_WP9g6EI.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 127
  • C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_6qEq67X.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_6qEq67X.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Thank you so much, Charlie. I also have a heathered semi-longhair coming from Dinerman ... getting ready for the Danish Summer right there :rolleyes: :D

More on that, when it arrives ;)

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Just received this Fawcett blocked Montecristi from fellow Lounger Nik (Rabbit). Close to 800 WPI, beautiful vueltas and in super shape!

On most of those closely weaved Montes the brim is very soft and flexible. After re-shaping it to my LO the brim is everywhere, but of course that was expected. It reminds me a bit of Pappy o'Daniel from O Brother Where Art Thou :D Well, a little steam and some handywork and it'll be perfect ;)

Seller's images:
View attachment 47727
View attachment 47728
A great thanks to Nik - and DHL for a speedy delivery!

fantastic !!!

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I'm glad that the one who outbid me on the Stack was a fellow Lounger! Hope you enjoy it.:)
Thank you Moe, that was very kind. I saw it in the Stack thread a couple of years ago and became very fascinated. When I saw the auction, it was pretty much a no-brainer. I'm sure, it'll get a lot of head time six months from now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe