Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RBH

Bartender
Moon... that Stetson is worth it for the ''Sheriff'' pin alone!
I have been looking for one of those pins for years.

b45bf90e4615f1624ff559d9940957e0.jpg

Last edited:

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
If it were trimmed, for a Cavanagh Edge of the period, it would be almost or right at a 3-inch brim, and we've seen some of those. It's more common to see trimmed edges, than a raw edge on any era of Cavanagh hat. If it said "Cavanagh Edge" on the front of the sweatband, that's the dead giveaway that it would have been trimmed. However, this is the period where that begins to show up, in 1952, so the hat could have been produced with a Cavanagh Edge before then and we'd never know. It's hard to know for sure. It could very well have come from the factory that way.

Brad
~The Hatted Professor

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moon... that Stetson is worth it for the ''Sheriff'' pin alone!
I have been looking for one of those pins for years.

I didn't even notice it honestly

I'll gladly give it to you if you want it

heck... I'll give you the entire hat ... what size are you ?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Something else to consider is that the brim doesn't look like it's ever had a flange. Perhaps that is just from having a rough life, but it could be evidence of a trim. Cavanagh Edge hats were not flanged, because the felted edge created its own natural flange. I can imagine it looks extremely relaxed after being trimmed.

Brad
~The Hatted Professor

Speakeasy

Familiar Face
Hope to be posting with an update in this thread very soon. Already ordered and waiting for my first Dobbs fedora in a light brown - 50s or early 60s era.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Half Price Paulie Awesome Hat Dealer !

Hello Gang I have to tell you a story that recently happen to me on Ebay.

I bought a hat from Half Price Paulie ,a brand new hat in the box ,that just like the sellers name was half price off.
However when the hat arrives even though it was a " waverely " the style of the hat it was the wrong hat and color .
I ordered a brown one and a black one arrived ?

I told Paulie about it and instead of getting a hassle, like him being pissed off or something like that ,you know like him being less that a gentleman he stated to me " hey my mistake ,consider the black hat a gift , I dont want to burden you with having to rewrap it ,pay for shipping and the hassle of having to go to the post office and returning it , so just keep it and in fact I'm going to send you the one you originally bought second day air " !

I am telling you guys ,you cant go wrong with this E Bay seller , never have I had someone do something like that ,I got two new ,in the box hats for the price of one just because he made a mistake , this is my idea of a stand up guy !
I would highly recommend that you check out his online store this guy is the bomb !

http://stores.ebay.com/halfpricepauly/

All the Best Fashion Frank
Here are a few shots of the new hat(s) !

The two hats in there boxes

The black "mistake " one .

Now the one I love the Brown one ( but hey at that price the black one is also nice ) love the band .

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
So something strange happened to me today.
I had ordered a Disney hat box for a Disney hat that I have and it showed up with this Stetson cowboy hat in it .
There was no hat in any of the pictures of the box and the price would never suggest a hat was included.
I'm thinking the hat was in the box and whoever shipped it out left it in by mistake.
The hat is not really my style but what the hell .
Now that would be a surprise for me getting a hat box with a free western inside.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino 58 size bought during a deal with some others hats.
1zz5qwh.jpg

1zz5qwh.jpg

It was made for the USA market and sold some years ago in Canton (Ohio) I guess
1fv8t4.jpg

The color is "butter" and the shape is not so common in Europe
2r6iptt.jpg

2r6iptt.jpg

Stiff felt for a Borsalino and some very elegant finishes.
2eoh4qh.jpg

I'm not the best man for this brims so pardon me if the shape is not "correct"

It crossed the Atlantic but since it is not my size and taste it needs a new home

Bolero

A-List Customer
Moontheloon said:
I had ordered a Disney hat box for a Disney hat that I have and it showed up with this Stetson cowboy hat in it .
There was no hat in any of the pictures of the box and the price would never suggest a hat was included.
I'm thinking the hat was in the box and whoever shipped it out left it in by mistake.

I say:
Have you considered returning the Hat and stating it was sent in error...???

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Moontheloon said:

I say:
Have you considered returning the Hat and stating it was sent in error...???

I actually did ... they said that was the hat that came in the box when they got it so they left it

funny that they didn't include it in the pictures and the auction was for a "Disney hat box"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld