Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Thanks gentlemen! The best part about the library is; its where all the cigars live, right alongside the books.

I have read bad reviews about the Temple on the forum but I was pleased with its softness and its tight brim snap at the same time. The color is very even and there is no powder when it is brushed. I would like the crown to be a bit less tapered and a bit higher but "ces la vie"!

Looks good, Mr. P. The crown is blocked rather low on the Temple at the factory but can be fashioned into an Open Crown and then recreased with the use of steam. Wish I'd known you'd be at the HATCO Outlet. We could have met there. Maybe next time.

Feraud

Bartender
Tango Yankee said:
First, the Champ Featherweight that I bought from a first-time seller. The acution ended on the 11th and FedEx delivered it today. I don't think I've had faster service from a seller! :eusa_clap
What do you think about the Champ Featherweight?
I think it's a great hat.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
What do you think about the Champ Featherweight?
I think it's a great hat.

I'd have to agree... I've got several now and think they're terrific!:D The others are various tones of grey. Which reminds me... I need to go through my hats, do some general brushing/steaming/freshening work and refresh my memory of what I actually have and what currently fits. I'm one of those "visible" types who tends towards the "if I can't see it, it doesn't exist" sort of approach to storage. That sort of thing tends to lead to making purchases of things I may already have. Not that, with hats, that's a bad thing!lol

Cheers,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
carouselvic said:
The felt of my hat is perforated, to aid in ventilation. Was this standard on Featherweights?

Nice one, Carouselvic!

I don't think mine are perforated, but then again I'm not sure I ever looked behind the sweatband. I'll check it out when I get home this evening.

Cheers,
Tom

deanzat

One of the Regulars
Akubra Stylemaster

Darker and bigger than I expected, but I love it. Just a quick computer photo as I'm hitting the road... And yes, the computer image is flipped...

109300525.jpg

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Looking good there, Deanzat!

Carouselvic, I've checked the two Featherweights I can lay hands on at the moment and neither have the perforated sweat or felt that yours has. Both have different very different ribbon treatments as well.

Cheers,
Tom

jec

One of the Regulars
deanzat said:
Darker and bigger than I expected, but I love it. Just a quick computer photo as I'm hitting the road... And yes, the computer image is flipped...

109300525.jpg

Hey deanzat -

This hat looks great on you. I had the same reaction when mine arrived: darker and a bit larger than I expected. But yours looks so damn good...I think I may have to reconsider mine...

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

carouselvic said:
The felt of my hat is perforated, to aid in ventilation. Was this standard on Featherweights?

Mine isn't. :) In spite of that, I wore it every day for a week in Nashville, early last summer. No stains or other adverse issues.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Just snagged this one.

I'm pleased about it since I've taken many stabs at Optimo style Panamas and they usually wind up in the neighborhood of $80 or $100 which causes me to fold my hand in the final frenzy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200308948431

Not sure about the weave or material on this. Keeping my fingers crossed.

If this works out, I'll have a nice, old Optimo style Panama straw in size 7 that I'll get rid of. It has a smaller brim and doesn't work as well on me as I hope this new one will.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
After a long period of no cheap hats, I found two today.

Antique mall find, $12 for this Cavanagh with Cav. edge and Resistol box. 5" bashed crown, 2 1/4" brim. Perfect 1930s dimensions, so I'm guessing mid to late-1930s? Excellent condition.

1930sCavanaghfedora001.jpg

1930sCavanaghfedora002.jpg

1930sCavanaghfedora003.jpg

This one's going to make some of you sick. :D

Thrift store find, $5 for this near perfect Stratoliner. I already have a box for it too. Late-1940s, early 1950s. The pinkish color matches my Open Road.

1940sStetsonStratoliner001.jpg

1940sStetsonStratoliner002.jpg

1940sStetsonStratoliner003.jpg

1940sStetsonStratoliner004.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe