Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Yes that is a special looking hat and with the liner and connection to the movie and to Hank, it makes that hat very special and to some degree part of a history. Looks great on you Sir, and the color is so clean looking. Sharp. With all the talk and pictures about the movie, we have sure been waiting to see it.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
A couple of 'Trilby' finds, first up is a Dunn &Co;
2i9l3wy.jpg
16bd0cm.jpg

o5yxdi.jpg
, condition on this was was generally very good though it was squashed quite a bit but ten minutes tweaking on the kettle sorted that out, sadly sweatband has split.

Next up was a bit grubby, I think it's had a liner at some point and again the sweatband has gone, it has the remains of a paper label stating YORK (could again be Dunn & Co?), it fits great ...strangely both are 7 1/8 but only this one fits, again it was quite crushed and needed steaming but at a fiver (UK) for both I couldn't argue!
2jesm6h.jpg
15f3g4w.jpg

2i4y80.jpg

Noggin shot;
sd2yd4.jpg

Last edited:

stratcat

One of the Regulars
Happy days, my new Moonstone FedIV has arrived. I'll post it in the Akubra overload thread too.
IMG_0023.JPG

stratcat

One of the Regulars
Thanks gents, while I like the brown one and it may be more versatile, I have more greys and blues in my wardrobe so I think it will get more head time. I think the strong contrast between the felt and the ribbon make it look classier too.

I need to work a bit harder at the jaunty angle to get the style of bushmans avatar! My ears seem too high up (and big) to get it right. :D

Last edited:

konadog

Practically Family
Just picked up a new Stetson Benchley in Mink. It's 100% beaver with a 2" brim and a teardrop crown. I really wanted a wider brim, but the salesman didn't have anything else and made it worth my while price-wise. Definitely interested in any thoughts re the shape for my face.

IMG_0576.jpg
IMG_0589.jpg
IMG_0591.jpg

In whatever size you are, Konadog, the 2" brim works well for you, IMO. Sure, you could use a tiny tad more brim, but that lid really suits you as is and should be a good look. I always recommend a tilt to give it the attitude Sinatra spoke of. Try that, then notice yourself in a window or mirror reflection. Let us know! GREAT hat!!!

How could I forget... we 're about the same size! You might also play around with the front brim. It looks good as you have it snapped down, but try it brim up, or anywhere else in between.

beetleything

Familiar Face
Thanks gents, while I like the brown one and it may be more versatile, I have more greys and blues in my wardrobe so I think it will get more head time. I think the strong contrast between the felt and the ribbon make it look classier too.

I need to work a bit harder at the jaunty angle to get the style of bushmans avatar! My ears seem too high up (and big) to get it right. :D

That's Jimmy Stewart - he had a lot of practise to get where he got with that hat :)

The Fed IV's look good and they look good on you!

rclark

Call Me a Cab
I'm finally getting around to posting a couple of photos of this Churchill that I picked up a couple of months ago. The unique Neiman-Marcus/Texas logo liner really makes this hat for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe