Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
I really like the front to back taper of the crown and brim roll of the grey one. The camo ones are for hunting I would guess? Or just for fun? I've seen similar patterned westerns at outdoor stores down here, but never a fedora.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would guess that the camo ones are for fun. I can't imagine there's a place where yellow and black camo would be very useful for hiding out. These are from a collection that someone is selling off on ebay. Of the three the beige/brown seems the most usable to me. The grey, thought he most normal in color is a very big hat and in the past I haven't been able to work hats this big into use very frequently.

region4

New in Town
Hey, I just scored one almost exactly like that off ebay not too long ago! Question: how is the fit of yours? Mine is marked as my size (7 1/4) but is so snug I can't really wear it.

-R

Hi Roan

Mine sits fairly well, other than being a tad stiff around the forehead – I wonder if the stiffness of the brim might be affecting the fit ...? I'm also almost due for a haircut, which might be another factor with the fit.

Alive'n'Amplified / ManofKent – thanks for the compliments! Re the brim, rather than try to bring the front of the brim down per se (which, being so stiff, actually started to kink when I did a dry run), I was thinking I should instead try curling the sides upwards a tad more to give the impression of extra sweep. Either that, or leave the brim the way it is and just wear the hat dipped forwards and at an angle.

Last edited:
Deers don't really notice color. Anything with a dark/light irregular pattern that breaks up your silhouette is effective. Case in point, all the plaid patterns on vintage hunting gear. The western looks good on you with your beard, I think you could pull off the look.Maybe its harder there in the meadowlands than down here in Dixie, but just steer clear of fringed shirts with it and it could work.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
New Borsalino arrived today. A long hair. Very nice and soft fur felt.
More in the Borsalino Brotherhood

ztuj.jpg

ManofKent

Sam - I couldn't get away with the big western in my part of the world, but it's a great looking hat. I like the more traditional camouflage one and could imagine wearing that for rambles or bird watching.

Manfred - that's a beauty!

bond

That's one hairy Borso Manfred !
Here's a montechristi which was supposedly bought in Italy . Would appreciate it If anyone can tell me what I have here . Thanks
2BC91C70-4B6D-4FA4-9B88-4F415C72F07D-96655-00003587FA1C9F50_zpsb67d7f6b.jpg

F6C59FB5-FAFA-4A73-AEF9-C08A37A2BF7E-96655-00003588A200E839_zpsdfb6cc3c.jpg

A20160F5-7E16-40D4-915F-4B1FAC25344B-96655-00003588DDDE86BE_zps8ae2e336.jpg

30A3EB56-F973-4D7C-AD01-BA3D1291992E-96655-0000358905602128_zpse8771ef3.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
What you've got there is one heck of a nice weave! sweet.

Manfred, your hairy Borsalino makes for a nice cousin of Sam's hairy Selentino! Watch out for Harry & Harry down at the laundromat.

Sam, I had to pop in and say congrats on the D Bar Js. It's nice to see more of David's work around here. I really love my 5X western weight fedora. Mine wears best in the desert and in the summertime because I bought it when my head was swollen from the heat and low altitude. The rest of the year it's too loose! I wondered, though, what you thought of his sweatbands. The one on mine is hands down the most luxurious and comfortable black leather I've seen, and it always seems to stay cool.

Rescued from the costume shop... will need some minor outpatient surgery, but in relatively good condition.

ubvitastrat1.jpg

ubvitastrat2.jpg

ubvitastrat3.jpg

Kleinhans was a HUGE hat seller back in the day. Their hat section would make hat lovers like us faint from the overload. Hat companies would flock to Kleinhans because they knew they could get a big order if they landed that account.

That Vita-Felt has been around a while. I have an ad from the 40s advertising it. Good find and save!

Yes, unreeded, early to mid 1940s. The tip sticker is gone unfortunately. It is a twin of the Vita-Strat shown in this comparison and the second 1940s Strat gleaned from this costume shop.

Kleinhans claimed to be the largest mens clothing store in the United States. It remained open until the early 1990s. Kleinhans Music Hall, home of the Buffalo Philharmonic, continues the family heritage. The imprint shows up in many vintage hats posted on the Lounge.

buler

I'll Lock Up
I know I'm wasting my breath with this post. But can we please limit the reply/repost of photos to just one??? It's not that hard to do. Keeps things so much tidier. Also, a lot more people are using their phones to access the lounge. I'm sure they would also appreciate it.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe