Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polo

JzP

New in Town
Hi, quite new to flight jackets. I seem to have come through denim & Rakuten.

I was wondering what you thought of designer flight jackets like this one?
http://www.polo.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1846830&cp=1766205.1895471&nav=lhn&parentPage=family
I saw it at the weekend in Jenners Edinburgh and liked it alot. I think it's based on the M422 but without the fur trim.

I got this off ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8352241661&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Any thoughts?

Bebop

Practically Family
They look good on my monitor but I have always thought that Polo and Lauren were overpriced for what they deliver. You can get really nice quality jackets from makers that specialize in A-2 and G-1 jackets for much less. flightjacket.com and flightsuits.com sell good quality jackets for less than Polo. The Lauren you got off of ebay looks nice and not overpriced.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
It has a decent look...not to blousy like a mall jacket. From the picture I'd say the color is also good. If you aren't looking for an exact replica of a WWII A-2 but merely a nice leather in the 'spirit' of an original I'd say you got yourself a nice jacket at a good price.

If you hang around here long enough you just might catch a serious kind of fever whose symptoms include; hot sweats at the sight of expensive vintage and repro A-2s, lack of concentration due to obsessive thinking about said expensive A-2s and lastly, excessive draining of your bank account because of the purchase of one (or many) of these jackets. This disease is not fatal although it is almost impossible to cure.;)

JzP

New in Town

airfrogusmc

Suspended
RMNZ mekes a real nice 1939 Werber
02Zipper1low.jpg
01Zipper1low.jpg

Heres a couple of C/U of the pre war Talon they use. My jacket was made with a real light colored russet that I ordered special. There latest russet is some really nice horse. The color is much darker and more in line with original in color and weight than the stuff mine was made of.
backfrontlow.jpg

Werberpocketlow.jpg

Their label is dead on to an original 39. Allot less $$$ than rickson and you can order them in much larger sizes than rickson offers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally