Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polish for Unusal Color combo spectators

Hi FL shoe guys.

I need some recommendations.

I have a great pair of spectators ( I will try to post them later) . The color combo is blue toe and blue heal, the center section is a beige or eggsheal color hence my dilemna. I need to find a place that carries unusal color polish to apply to my spectators.

Thanks folks.

Best regards

CCJ

Courteous Gavin

New in Town
Have you considered using a neutral polish?

51P-7jg7xXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not sure how well it works since all of my shoes are black, but it would be much easier than having to find multiple odd colors.

-- EDIT --

Hey, I just noticed that Kiwi sells a Navy/blue polish. Maybe get that for the toe and heal (the most likely areas to get scuffed and need color fill) and use the neutral on the center section.

41kV0wxOXvL.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Courteous Gavin

Welcome to the lounge. The blue polish will work great. The beige area of the shoes are scuffed and the color is fading/dull looking. I need to spruce that area up. Not sure the clear polish will work.
Thank you again for your time and suggestions. Enjoy the lounge.
Best regards.

CCJ

Courteous Gavin

New in Town
Thanks for the welcome.

Meltonian seems to have a bunch of colors of "shoe cream" available. Check out their colors #171 White cream, #170 delicate cream, and #126 light bone. I've never used any Meltonian products, but one of my customers is a distributor. He is always shipping cases of it to Nordstrom stores. I'll ask him if it's any good next time I see him.

Edward

Bartender
Have you considered using a neutral polish?

51P-7jg7xXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not sure how well it works since all of my shoes are black, but it would be much easier than having to find multiple odd colors.

-- EDIT --

Hey, I just noticed that Kiwi sells a Navy/blue polish. Maybe get that for the toe and heal (the most likely areas to get scuffed and need color fill) and use the neutral on the center section.

41kV0wxOXvL.jpg

That's where I'd go. I use Kiwi Neutral on all my co-respondents as a standard. If / when they start to look a little 'tired' in the colour, I then very sparingly use a correct-colour polish, taking care to keep it to the right panels only. Generally, I only really need to use a colour on the toes and heels, and that about once a season. Otherwise, neutral does the job just dandy.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I tend to use a leather balsam rather than neutral polish - neutral polish has a tendency to show up white in the brogueing and creases. Avoid the coloured stuff as much as possible, but occasional use will be needed (cleaning brown polish off white areas was not a job I enjoyed!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe