Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Picture request... Aero leather jackets with bi-swing back

Navin323i

Practically Family
Good day, Gents.

I've seen a picture or two on the Aero Leather USA site of jackets with bi-swing back and did a search on the forum here to see if I could find more pics but didn't see anything.

I'm curious to see pics of Aero leather jackets with the shoulder bi-swing back preferably with the jacket owner wearing it.

Thanks,
Navin

Navin323i

Practically Family
tbirdfan said:
Hi Navin,

here are some pictures of my Aero Teamster. I hope the picture from the back is what you are looking for.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=43928

Danke, tbirdfan. Your jacket is BEAUTIFUL!! At first glance, I can't even see the bi-swing back on your jacket... unless you told me it's there I would have assumed your jacket did not have a bi-swing back.

Is your bi-swing back a shoulder one where it starts at the top of your shoulder and ends at your armpit level?

On a separate note, it's my hope one day that I get to visit your state of Bayern. I'm so in love with the BMW brand of automobile (I'm also a longtime member of the BMW Car Club of America, as well as I drive a supercharged BMW showcar/daily-driver). I hear the BMW Museum there in Bayern is beautiful to see.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Gancho said:
Hi Narvin,

have a look at the request for the Aero vintags leather, there you can see my cafe racer with a swing back.

Cheers

Olli

Guten Tag, Olli. :)

I can't see your pictures at all... I'm wondering if my work site is blocking the website where you've hosted your pictures at. I'll check out your pictures when I get home and comment on them... I can only assume that your Cafe Racer looks "sehr, SEHR gut!" Oh, and my name is Navin, not Narvin. :D

Navin323i

Practically Family
Gancho said:
Sorry Navin,

I´m an Olugabatta!

Der Fehler kommt nicht wieder vor!!

Haha! No problem, Gancho! I figured it was probably just a typo on your part... no worries. :D

Wie heissen "Olugabatta" auf Englisch? Sorry my Deutsch-speaking skills are a bit rusty... I haven't studied German language for 18 years so I've forgotten quite a bit. :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
Gancho said:
Hi Navin,

"Olu ga batta" is hindi and means "son of an owl", or is that wrong.
My indian relatives teach me this.

:D :D

Wow! So are you German of Indian descent? Are both your parents Indian (look Indian) as well? Very cool. :)

My native language is English since I was born and raised here in the USA, however my family is from the southern part of India so we speak mostly Tamil/Kannada. I took a Hindi language class in college but I've forgotten quite a bit. :D

I'll need to direct your Hindi question to my wife... she's from the Northern part of India and understands Hindi/Punjabi. I'll let you know. :D

Great to meet you, bro. :)

Gancho

One of the Regulars
For my pity I do not look indian. My mother is french and my father is german. But my mother is married to an indian since 32 years. I´ve been to India many times. All my cousins love me, my leatherjackets and my BMW. I love them too. It is always a great pleasure when we meet.

:eek:fftopic: By the way, just got an email from Amanda. I will have a package next week!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

andy richards

Practically Family
Hi Navin,

Hope these pics will help:

IMG00003.jpg

IMG00005.jpg

Andy

Navin323i

Practically Family
Great pics, Andy!! Your bi-swing back, correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't appear to be a "shoulder bi-swing back". In other words, a shoulder bi-swing back starts at the shoulders and ends at your armpits, however your bi-swing appears to extend farther down your back.

The reason why I'm asking for these pictures is because my current leather jacket that you see me wear in my Avatar has a bi-swing back that goes slightly below my armpits and the bi-swing folds are all bent out of shape as you can see in the pictures below. Hopefully a shoulder bi-swing back on an Aero leather jacket won't have the folds bend out of shape.

Navin-Jacket2.jpg

Navin-Jacket6.jpg

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Good morning,

now I know what you are looking for, Navin. AERO has a jacket named "Route 66", this jacket has these swing shoulder.

I´m thinking for a long time about a Hercules with this detail:

Hope the guys from Original Flightjackets don´t mind when I link their picture. On the AERO sid you can see the jacket only from the front. Did not find a photo someone wearing a jacket with such a back.

detailfoto.php

Have a nice day

Gancho

tbirdfan

New in Town
Hi Navin,

Yes, the new BMW World/ Museum is pretty nice, so are the new 5 series they just introduced. I drove BMW's for around 20 years, but switched to Audi three years ago. They are also from Bavaria, little North of Munich.

I understand what you mean by bi-swing. Gancho was right with the Route 66.
Here is a link to some nice pictures of the Route 66.
http://www.kentaurus.de/route66.html

Cheers,
tbirdfan

Navin323i

Practically Family
Gancho said:
Good morning,

now I know what you are looking for, Navin. AERO has a jacket named "Route 66", this jacket has these swing shoulder.

I´m thinking for a long time about a Hercules with this detail:

Hope the guys from Original Flightjackets don´t mind when I link their picture. On the AERO sid you can see the jacket only from the front. Did not find a photo someone wearing a jacket with such a back.

detailfoto.php

Have a nice day

Gancho

Hi Gancho,

I did see a few pictures on the Aero leather USA site of jackets with the bi-swing back but I really wanted to see pictures of these styles of jackets on the people wearing them. Hope you're doing well. :)

Navin323i

Practically Family
captaincaveman1 said:
Navin, I think those excess wrinkles/folds may be due to over-sizing. That jacket looks a bit big on you. The shoulder seam seems to droop a bit too much and the sleeve length is long.

Hope this helps.

Good morning, captain.

That would be my first inclination too... about the excess wrinkles being due to over-sizing, however you would think that when I'm not wearing the jacket then the wrinkles/folds go away... they don't.

Also when I bought this jacket at a flea market (spent only $20) these folds/creases were already there unfortunately.

That's why I wanted to be sure that these types of wrinkles/folds aren't common with all shoulder bi-swing style leather jackets.

Navin323i

Practically Family
Fletch said:
Any interest in Aero's Navy jackets (mine's an AN-6552)?
I suspect not, but will snap some pix if anyone would like.

Good morning, Fletch. Feel free to post the jacket pictures here if you like... assuming of course that the jackets have a bi-swing back. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe