Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photo Captioning CONTEST - Prizes!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

The photo below appeared recently in the Los Angeles Times newspaper. It was taken on a streetcorner in L.A.

CAPTION-WRITING CONTEST!

Write a caption for this photo. It can be serious, earnest, wry, witty, or silly. Two weeks from today, a panel of three Loungers (me, Matt Deckard, and Senator Jack) will choose the winning caption.

If the winning caption writer is a fella, he will receive an outstanding 1940s necktie in mint condition.

If the winner is a gal, she will receive a genuine 1939 N.Y. World's Fair enamelled brooch in excellent condition.

Here is the photo. Write and win!

LATimesphoto.jpg

Starius

Practically Family
My Entry:
Framed for Fashion, Framed for Beauty, and "Framed" for Possession!

*By the way, no intention of racism is implied here. Merely a commentary on quality of dress. I should know. I was once referred to by someone as looking like "the kind of guy who sells cigarettes to kids."

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
He thought how she had always looked good when she was young, even after she had been framed. She never let the fact that she didn't have Matt stop her, even as he tormented her to make her feel incomplete. It was for her that he played the game.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Unaware of the voguing pair behind him, Randall just couldn't concentrate on his game today because of a Madonna tune that had somehow become stuck in his head.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
"Two brothers - divided only by their love for one country, one woman, one card game."

*I personally like Starius'. I about died at work laughing.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Joyfully basking in the odor of your own Brylcream soaked noggin while wearing Bogie's dinner jacket from "Casablanca" - $75.00

Strking a pretentious Madonna inspired "Vogue" pose with an antique frame stolen from the Louvre - $1000

Being a REAL person and drawing to an inside straight - PRICELESS!

MasterCard - the card for those that can tell the difference.

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
i like this one

Mr. Lucky said:
Joyfully basking in the odor of your own Brylcream soaked noggin while wearing Bogie's dinner jacket from "Casablanca" - $75.00

Strking a pretentious Madonna inspired "Vogue" pose with an antique frame stolen from the Louvre - $1000

Being a REAL person and drawing to an inside straight - PRICELESS!

MasterCard - the card for those that can tell the difference.
this is my favorite

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Man in undershirt: "I don't believe I lost my shirt to a couple of photos."
Photo of woman: "That's because I see your cards over your shoulder."
Photo of man: "And I can see your cards in the reflection above you."

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member