Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pentagonal bashes

carldelo

One Too Many
I was just looking for the sticky thread on hat creases which appears to be gone or moved. Specifically I was looking for pics of pentagonal bashes to get ideas for a custom hat - anyone have a nice pic to share?

carldelo

One Too Many
Thanks Brad

Brad, thanks for finding the thread - the pentagon bash I was looking for is in Dinerman's photo on page 4 - very cool, looks like the halfway point on the way to a hand-bashed C-crown.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=10272&page=4

Hey Dinerman, do you have any other photos of that hat? I'd love to see how the pentagon bash looks from the side - BTW, what is the make of the hat?

Cheers, Carl

carldelo

One Too Many
Pentagonal = 5 sides and 5 vertices or points

You had me worried - I just double-checked the photo above to make sure the picture was actually of a pentagon bash, which it is.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Now, why couldn't that link have worked BEFORE I embarrassed myself! I'll have to dig up pictures, because I have one by the master himself... Art Fawcett.

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
interesting, the link to the "Hat Creases" thread keeps telling me I am attempting to access something that I do not have authorization/ permission to see.

Ginseng

One of the Regulars
Here's a shot of the penta-bash I was trying on my Akubra Fed VI Deluxe. Ultimately I gave the creases at the top a bit more definition. I've been very pleased with this shape.
PentaBash_IMG7724_zpsxc2jmpvl.jpg

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
Here's a shot of the penta-bash I was trying on my Akubra Fed VI Deluxe. Ultimately I gave the creases at the top a bit more definition. I've been very pleased with this shape.
View attachment 29732

Thank you for sharing this image. I had an image in mind but I did not envision a pinched front. This is the first time I believe I have ever seen such a crease in a hat. Thank you once more.

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
It's true, many buildings here in China do not have a floor labeled 4 or 14. It's similar to the way American buildings often lack a floor 13. The elevator buttons just go from 3 to 5.

About the bad link to the crease thread, I find that lots of the older threads and links either give me that "no authorization" message or take me to a completely different thread from the one they are supposed to. It's a pity, because it makes it harder to access all the information on the Forum.

In a related issue, many of the pictures in older threads are missing. Is there something that can be done to archive the pictures that are on the Lounge now, so that we don't lose even more? It's heartbreaking to read all the comments telling me how interesting and informative a picture is, only to see a dead link when I try to view the pic myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld