Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Penman Hats

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
A beautiful Indy, sir!

I noted that on John's "Men's Hats" page, he has a new model called the "Unipiper." He describes it as "[T]his Beautiful pork pie hat, inspired by the turn-of-the-century was designed for Portland's own Brian Kidd, aka, 'The Unipiper.' It features a short brim and a rust-colored ribbon with complementary bound edge. The felt is a whiskey colored and is made of 100% rabbit. The knot of the bow is very distinctive with it's two-tone navy and rust design."

Now take a look at that. Doesn't it look a lot like the hat worn by Paul Newman as Butch Cassidy? A little wider ribbon, but otherwise . . . eh?

rogerstg

A-List Customer
I have literally been waiting 33 years to own this hat... Since the day I walked out of that theater at 8 years old

27a596269cf6c4ae7eef14aa5c9e6caa.jpg

Gorgeous hat, and I'd say it was worth the wait!

Roger

javadave61

Practically Family
Moon, I originally got my dark brown Fed IV for similar (sentimental) reasons. But while the Fed IV has excellent Indy dimensions, it fails to have the softness that is so evident in the original Indy hat. Yours has that. Such a treasure.

Motorcyclist

Familiar Face
Anyone have a "Penman"? Love the look of it and actually like the color of the one he has shown on his website but I don't see any mention of which color that is. Does anyone know? Could it be the pecan or just natural?

RJR

I have several of John's hats.The "Penman"is a style,I believe he'll make it in the color of your choice.Easy guy to work with;call or email him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe