Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Partially Shot Schott... What Would You Do?

Trouser Bark

One of the Regulars
One of my older Schott's is nearing that phase where it needs some attention. I have no skills with a needle and thread and doubt that I'll ever change that. I went by my favorite leather shop and they said new liners start at somewhere around $180 IIRC and that zip choices could be half as much, depending.

I've spent some time in this jacket and truth be told I'm not a tea core guy or the kind of character that sees value in the natural indications of time well spent which is a nice way of saying that if I put another couple three hundred bucks into this jacket I'd have spent it making a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

It's still a really comfy jacket though. Far too comfy to take to Good Will only to have some goofball pick it up for a buck or two and seriously trash it. So my question is, what can I do to inexpensively make this jacket one I want to keep in the pile?

My guess is that the existing zipper can be sewn back in, the liner can be shortened and re-sewn at the hem, etc. Have you had work like that done and been happy w/ the jacket for a few more years?

What do you do when your jackets have given you most of what they have and the time comes for a decision? Is it a short visit at the clinic or are we talking hospice here? Pocket zips and pocket liners are nice, liner zips in perfectly, etc.

The pics...

IMG_7631.jpeg
IMG_7635.jpeg
Sch
IMG_7628.jpeg
IMG_7629.jpeg
IMG_7633.jpeg
IMG_7634.jpeg
IMG_7632.jpeg
IMG_7636.jpeg

Last edited:

Trouser Bark

One of the Regulars
Second pic looks black but is not.

This jacket is a dark brown with seams and wear areas that are a lighter shade of brown.

Size is irrelevant in this context but just to toss it out there, the jacket is a size 46.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bvanv