Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panamas Biz / Robert Weber - Very bad experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbpanzas

New in Town
I have been reviewing the history of this "purchase" and I have to say is, by far, the less satisfactory I ever did in my life. I paid in february 2007 108 $ for hat that after a couple of smonth of use in summer I had to return (20 $) because of the low quality of the leather band, damaging the hat. Mr. Weber recommend to buy a better quality hat and I paid 89 $ more for a C-Crown blocked in USA. That was september 2007. Beginning of 2008 (after several email, Mr. Weber reported to have sent the new hat, but I never received. After several subsequent emails, he promised again to send a new one, but I am still waiting, so after more than15 months and 217 $ paid I have no hope to get my new hat even for this summer. The message I have from Mr. Weber is "When I receive it, I will send it" (amazing answer after more than one year of dispute !!). So, If you need a hat in a reasonable delivery lead time, without quality isuues and you are not ready to waste time and money in a never ending follow-up activity, I have to recommend to buy your new hat some place else.

Miguel (Madrid, Spain)

RPeers

One of the Regulars
One thread would be enough, sorry to hear you had a bad experience but reposting the same thread over again won't gain you respect here.

RPeers

univibe88

One Too Many
Do you even realize that Mr Weber is a trusted and respected member of this forum? I doubt your post will gain you any sympathy.

Feraud

Bartender
I sympathize with anyone who pays hard earned dollars and has waited a long time for a product.
Having said that, there are many satisfied customers (including myself) to vouch for Panamabob's products and customer service.
Hopefully this issue can be cleared up to everyone's satisfaction.

MAB1

Suspended
From my own personal experience... Some folks just don't know how to take care of hats.

Those I've recieved from Panamabob are excellent hats, including the cheapest.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
RPeers said:
One thread would be enough, sorry to hear you had a bad experience but reposting the same thread over again won't gain you respect here.

RPeers

MAB1 said:
From my own personal experience... Some folks just don't know how to take care of hats.
Those I've recieved from Panamabob are excellent hats, including the cheapest.

univibe said:
Do you even realize that Mr Weber is a trusted and respected member of this forum? I doubt your post will gain you any sympathy.

Talk about sympathy... and respect...
Such sympathy and respect from FL members...

Is it not possible that this customer has had a bad time with the product and service..?

Geeze Louise-

B
T

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
BellyTank said:

Is it not possible that this customer has had a bad time with the product and service..?

Geeze Louise-

B
T

Possible, but NOT likely. Having purchased many hats from Robert without one problem, I will stay with Robert and recommend him to any and all. Anyone who shows up only to double post the same thread and trash someone, will not earn my respect nor my sympathy.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miguel, considering the number of posts from the OP, it is hard for us to assess the veracity of your claim since we don't know you.

I will allow some time for Bob to respond then this thread will be locked.

There's no need for folks to pile on as it's a situation we can't know anything about other than he said/he said.

RPeers

One of the Regulars
BellyTank said:

Geeze Louise-

B
T

Of course it is, but he has started two identical threads ten minutes apart, spamming the board with the same message is what I was commenting on. And I am sorry if he had a poor experience.
... I withdraw my accusation of spamming as I see he has gone back and changed removed the second posting.

bbpanzas

New in Town
First of all, I apologyze for the dupplication of my post. I never pretended to spam. It was just an error. I see that most of you know well Robert as customers and your possitive comments makes me think that some day I still will receive my new hat, altough the time passed will surely make me have a negative approach on this subject. Just let me highlight that the quality problem I had with my first had had nothing to do with a wrong hat care. It came because of the poor quality of some leather bands that Bob received from one of his vendors (as he recongnized). Anyway, I will be more than happy to inform everybody when this issue is closed.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
It all appears true. We accepted the fact that the hat was damaged, had a hat blocked in USA, and the customs record that I mailed shows that that the package never existed. My postmaster has sent all kinds of notices to differing warehouses where USPS keeps lost merchandise, but nothing as of yet. I've reordered and am awaiting another hat. The man threatened me to get him a hat pronto, or he'd post publicly what has happened. I can't magically pull a hat out of anywhere and I seem to have ZERO control of Ecuadorians when I don't have my thumb right on top of them. His threat has come true. I don't know if he thinks that is going to speed me up or not, but it sure hurts that impatience and mistrust has made him do this. Heck, I'm probably the guy who pointed him to this forum.

And the poor quality bands, from Utah, have cost me personally thousands of dollars. And this time it wasn't even an Ecuadorian, it was a respected hatter who sold me crap.

RBH

Bartender
I am sorry for what has happened.

But remember Robert.... you have done well giving many a chance at a fine hat. At a fine price and sometimes at a longer than wanted wait.
BUT YOU DO DELIEVER!
So to you I say ... Keep up the fine work!

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Well, if you read the lounge lately, you see that the Optimo Posse has it out for me based on the comparison of one hat, and now I'm a dud.

There are more important people, with museum hats who are far more patient and understanding, calmly waiting on their hats. At base, you just can't get my brother-in-law to tell the truth or follow through in a timely manner. If I say it is the culture, then my wife gets mad.

Long story short. Miguel is getting a refund in an instant and he can kiss his hat goodbye. Good luck finding one of the same quality for the same price.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It's pretty common knowledge that, when no one is happy, everything is probably fair. Here, both the buyer and seller have reasons to be frustrated, but niether seems to be at fault. I hope it works out for both of you.

GWD

One Too Many
Hey Panamabob! You know what they say, any publicity is good publicity! I think I would like to place an order! Lets Talk!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
It's pretty common knowledge that, when no one is happy, everything is probably fair. Here, both the buyer and seller have reasons to be frustrated, but neither seems to be at fault. I hope it works out for both of you.

MAB1

Suspended
Panamabob:

You are one hell of a standup man. Your explanation says it all so well... Most of us have known that for some time.

We should leave this thread rest.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Okay, refund through. Now, go buy half of a hat from anyone. And yes, I'm not paying the fees associated with payment.

Email:
bbpanzas
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Amount:
-$205.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:
Jun. 22, 2008
Time:
16:47:22 PDT

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Bob,
I am bidding one of your hats on EBAY! right now.
This issue will not deter any/many folks from doing business with you, as your reputation is gold. Carry on sir!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld