Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama / straw hat durability?

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
JD, I'd meant the wicking band. I wrote that after spending a long day driving to Chicago, waiting in line for my visa to live in Ecuador, and then back to Indiana/Ohio border.

I meant that you were concerned with the band...not the hat.

Craig Robertson

One of the Regulars
I usually buy a new straw every couple of years. For most hot weather, I just wear one of my lighter felts. All straws are more delicate.
But, mostly, I don't care for the way I look in a straw, even a great panama...it's more a personal preference.

Kevin Popejoy

One of the Regulars
jdbenson said:
I've got nothing against the hat. I LOVE the hat. The hat is great. It's just ME that sweats like a pig. As I said, I've never found a summer hat that I couldn't sweat through. I need a summer hat that can take a beating, so panamas are just not for me.

You're not the only one. I tend to sweat a lot as well. What I was referring to is the dye bleeding into the hat. I've never had an issue with that. My hats have leather sweat bands and I carry a handkerchief so I can take a swipe at the sweatband as needed.

Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe