Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama in a Homburg block?

Wolfmanjack

Practically Family
I'm looking for a Panama in a Homburg block like this one worn by David Suchet in Death on the Nile:

c85lsdvu9jpbbpu.jpg

Who makes these?

fmw

One Too Many
Nice telescope, too. I like the hat. Why not email Panama Bob. Maybe he can suggest what to use. You could then send it to a hatter and have it cut and creased.

Torpedo

One Too Many
That linen suit is tremendous. The homburg would top it most beautifully.

I would contact Art Fawcett. He sometimes has panama bodies, and I suppose he could do a homburg out of one of them - he certainly makes felt homburgs. He has milan bodies too, if I am not wrong, so that would be another option.

Yes, I have a straw homburg, a milan. A currently produced item, by Dobbs. It is a reddish sand colour. A decent hat, although not real milan straw. I would like a better grade one, in natural colour... maybe some day...

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I'm looking for a Panama in a Homburg block like this one worn by David Suchet in Death on the Nile:

Who makes these?

Both of the suits you show would deserve a Montecristi. My first choice would be to contact Panama Bob @ http://www.panamas.biz/ and get him to send one of his Montecristi's over to Art Fawcett or Gus Miller to have it blocked into the Homburg style. He carries several grades of Montecristi's available, one of which I'm sure would fit your budget. If you have DEEP pockets you could check with Brent Black as I know he carries a Homburg style of Montecristi but they START at $500.00 and go UP from there. Panama Bob would be my FIRST choice :)

Last edited:

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
That's a nice style. I think I'll send a photo down to both Cuenca and Montecristi (Buler's hat) and see what they say.

I've been getting emails about this style lately.

JimWagner

Practically Family
I do have a white Dobbs Eldorado myself with a white band and I like it just fine. But, if I had suits as sharp as Jack's I think I'd want a better hat than the Dobbs to really complete the look. The Dobbs would be a little like hanging furry dice from the rear view mirror in a Rolls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld