Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Shop?

BR Gordon

One Too Many
True. But among the most.

Getting your first good hat and enjoying it is the most important. I thought that my first hat was the greatest, until I joined this group and started learning about truly great hats. The hat I've currently got on order with PB is a super fino, but I never would have ordered it if I hadn't enjoyed my first.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well gents, I've received my hat from The Panama Hat Shop this morning and, like Orange Fury, I've been quite disappointed.

I purchased the 528 WPSI and received something in the neighborhood of 117 WPSI.

013.jpg

The hat looks much like the one that's already been posted. It's a nice finish, smells like sulphur, nothing wrong with it for a less expensive 120 count hat, but it is most definitely NOT a 530 WPSI.

Caveat Emptor. I've contacted the seller and I'll see if I can arrange a refund. More details when available.

*edit - I must have purchased mine around the same time as Orange Fury. Had I known his experience from the outset, I wouldn't have wasted my time.

Last edited:

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
*Update*

Mr. Cueva was quick to respond and quite polite. I forwarded a number of pictures with a ruler and a 1 inch square cut-out closeup. Although he came to a different count (17x17 = 289), he agreed the count was nearly half of the 530 I had purchased. He refunded 45% of my purchase cost before he even responded to my email.

As far as hat quality, I am quite pleased with the product. It's simply the WPSI that had me concerned. The customer service was excellent and it appears the issue is now resolved. I would suggest Orange Fury contact Mr. Cueva if he should feel so inclined.

orange fury

New in Town
*Update*

Mr. Cueva was quick to respond and quite polite. I forwarded a number of pictures with a ruler and a 1 inch square cut-out closeup. Although he came to a different count (17x17 = 289), he agreed the count was nearly half of the 530 I had purchased. He refunded 45% of my purchase cost before he even responded to my email.

As far as hat quality, I am quite pleased with the product. It's simply the WPSI that had me concerned. The customer service was excellent and it appears the issue is now resolved. I would suggest Orange Fury contact Mr. Cueva if he should feel so inclined.

I sent them an email last night, so I'll update when I get a response

T Rick

Practically Family
I know his supplier and will make sure they understand the wpsi. Ópinion....they know exactly what they are doing.
Of course they do. Their response even shows this (and certainly they expect a certain number of times to be "caught"). Most of the time, they rely (one could be so mean as to say "prey") on an uneducated consumer. JMO, but I'd bet you if 10 ordered, 10 would get the lower count.

orange fury

New in Town
Update:

Its been about a week since I sent the original message on their website and about 5 days since I sent the same question as a response to the confirmation email they sent me with no response back. I think its safe to chalk this up to a good life lesson about doing more preliminary research. Ah well, it happens ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82