Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Painting Nose Art on an A-2

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
Looking for a recommendation for someone who paints nose art on A-2's.

Thanks!

Found her. A great artist in Amsterdam who specializes in painting A-2 jackets.
Nice work, reasonable price.

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
Looking for a recommendation for someone who paints nose art on A-2's.

Thanks!

Found her. A great artist in Amsterdam who specializes in painting A-2 jackets.
Nice work, reasonable price.

Good show. I hope you'll let us all see what she does for your A2 ...
What's the plan/idea for the design?

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
Good show. I hope you'll let us all see what she does for your A2 ...
What's the plan/idea for the design?

I go to Amsterdam 3 to 4 times a month, so plan to hand carry the A-2 to Anneke. I found her through FB (Reproduction A-2 Flight Jacket Patches). She has gotten rave reviews from many who had her paint their A-2's.

IMG_0033.jpg

My wife's name is Toye, so my Mustang is named after her.

Stand By

One Too Many
Erm, choosing my words carefully so as to not get any kind of reprimand from the bar keep here, er, I'm not sure many guys'll notice much difference in the backdrop as it tends to fall into the peripheral vision somewhat and isn't what really draws the eye ...!

I like both the Lone Star State flag as a backdrop as well as the Star & Bar and they both work very well. But I think that the Texas angle is covered in the name and does it need the flag as well (as nice as the draped flag is)? I do think the USAF Star & Bar would be more iconic for an A2 and I really like the way the girl looks like she's sitting in the centre circle just so. There's a nice balance there between the two subjects of both the girl and the backdrop and it looks like a classic design.
But the girl could stand to lose about 35 psi IMO ... Less is more.

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
But the girl could stand to lose about 35 psi IMO ... Less is more.
I was going to say something similar! A more natural look to the girls bust would look a lot more sympathetic to a 40s style nose art pin up, she looks a little 'Enhanced' shall we say, more like a modern pin up.

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
Here is a version with better color. BTW, this is the one my wife likes. Might have the pinup lose a psi or two...
IMG_0036.jpg

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
I agree with Stand By as to the Star and Bar--an iconic symbol. Also agree with losing about 35 psi.

Love your Mustang, BTW.

To a Texan, the Texas Flag is fairly iconic, but that's a Texas thing. Not arguing with anyone, and my wife will get the final say so. Funny thing...on the artist's FB page, the decision is for the flag version, 100%. Even a number of Europeans have voted for it.

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Here's a well known pin up pic.
Ok it's not AAF but the could be worked on, unless the original pic is Mrs TX.
Personally I like the star and bar treatment.
pinup-ii-army_girl_saluting_zpsp5inkxds.jpg

Stand By

One Too Many
May not have been a typo. In some parts of the country, "set' is incorrectly used instead of "sit". Or the artist knew better, but wanted to give a bit of colloquialism to the painting.

I agree as to the surfboard.

Interesting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld