Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oxford shoes

mrwilmoth

Familiar Face
my favorite shoes were the danner edgewood oxford shoes. they were produced in 2004 and I have three pairs. since they no longer make them I will need to find something like them. I seen wesco and whites make some but does anyone else know of some good ones?

thanks

10060927388968_49.jpg

10060927388968_587.jpg

10060927388968_975.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Welcome to The Fedora Lounge, we're glad you're here.

I doubt we can help you, as this forum is specific to the 1920's - 1950's.

(those look like the Sketchers Penneys carries at $29)

galopede

One of the Regulars
Them Oxfords are Derbies! The Oxford shoe has the closed lacing. Derbies have the two flaps with the laces.

I prefer Derbies myself. Especially brogues...

Gareth

cufflinkmaniac

A-List Customer
galopede said:
Them Oxfords are Derbies! The Oxford shoe has the closed lacing. Derbies have the two flaps with the laces.

I prefer Derbies myself. Especially brogues...

Gareth

Derby translate to AmE as blucher.And I have no idea where to find those.Now if you were to ask where to find some wingtips,we could definitely help you there.

galopede

One of the Regulars
cufflinkmaniac said:
Derby translate to AmE as blucher.And I have no idea where to find those.Now if you were to ask where to find some wingtips,we could definitely help you there.

You say Blucher, we say Derby; you say Wingtips, we say Brogues! (Well, Full Brogues are your Wingtips I think)

Call 'em what you will, I love my Trickers/Cheaney/Sargent/Church full brogues!

Gareth

cufflinkmaniac

A-List Customer
galopede said:
You say Blucher, we say Derby; you say Wingtips, we say Brogues! (Well, Full Brogues are your Wingtips I think)

Call 'em what you will, I love my Trickers/Cheaney/Sargent/Church full brogues!

Gareth

Indeed.I was just providing translation in case he didn't know what derbies were.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
cufflinkmaniac said:
Indeed.I was just providing translation in case he didn't know what derbies were.

Not necessarily - 'wingtips' are not necessarily full brogues and full brogues are not necessarily 'wingtips'. Surely broguing (full and half) refers to the distribution of the perforations? You can have plain 'wingtips' in just the same way as you can have plain toe caps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld