Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

Actually, Sara, your life expectancy is longer after being shot with a .45 in lawful use than a smaller round--the obligation for lawful use of deadly force is "neutralize the threat" (once the other guy's no longer a threat you must cease-fire), and it takes a whole lot more smaller-caliber rounds to do it, which means the "shoot-ee" has a higher chance of dying from tissue-damage and bleedout (one or two big holes bleed a lot less than six to ten smaller ones) than being hit and knocked down by a single .45 shot. So you see, it's a humanitarian gesture too!

Besides which, if I get called in it's gonna be only on the kinda situation where you need that nice Officer Tackleberry:eek: , anyway... otherwise, I got a garrison to command! You don't think "Ft. Lost-in-the-Woods" is gonna run itself, or get me that coveted position as Commander-in-Chief, Far East Command, by itself, do you?lol

As for concealed weapons, if that makes me less than a gentleman so be it, although the only reason they're concealed other than weather-effects is that I know how some people get at the mere sight of shootin' irons. We aren't gonna have any of those tartar-sauce-dipping espressoheads who download serious brownware and then need an immediate triple-latte and emergency group-therapy session at the mere mention of the "g-word", are we?

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
dahliaoleander said:

I sign up for a position as the town's resident Bobby-soxer.

That would be so cute! I was going to volunteer for that position but I like the more exciting burlesque/belly dancer/librbrarian!lol And for your hangout of choice it would have to be the soda shoppe!

Samantha

Diamondback said:
Actually, Sara, your life expectancy is longer after being shot with a .45 in lawful use than a smaller round--the obligation for lawful use of deadly force is "neutralize the threat" (once the other guy's no longer a threat you must cease-fire), and it takes a whole lot more smaller-caliber rounds to do it, which means the "shoot-ee" has a higher chance of dying from tissue-damage and bleedout (one or two big holes bleed a lot less than six to ten smaller ones) than being hit and knocked down by a single .45 shot. So you see, it's a humanitarian gesture too!

Besides which, if I get called in it's gonna be only on the kinda situation where you need that nice Officer Tackleberry:eek: , anyway... otherwise, I got a garrison to command! You don't think "Ft. Lost-in-the-Woods" is gonna run itself, or get me that coveted position as Commander-in-Chief, Far East Command, by itself, do you?lol

As for concealed weapons, if that makes me less than a gentleman so be it, although the only reason they're concealed other than weather-effects is that I know how some people get at the mere sight of shootin' irons. We aren't gonna have any of those tartar-sauce-dipping espressoheads who download serious brownware and then need an immediate triple-latte and emergency group-therapy session at the mere mention of the "g-word", are we?

Ok, we'll give you a 44 mag to haul around then. That will stop any hardened perp. :p ;) "Do you feel lucky punk?"

Miss 1929 said:
I know it's confusing, all these women with years in their names...

Rubber bullets? Tasers? That's not very Golden Era! I think a billy club should be all the cop on the beat gets to carry. Detectives can carry .38s. But detectives must wear fedoras, naturally.

Besides, a little old-fashioned graft will probably keep our police force happy to turn a blind eye to the (gasp!) belly-dancing librarian!

Maybe some more pie...

No graft. Andy Taylor couldn't be bribed and neither can our equivalent. ;)
Belly-dancing doesn't require bribes anyway. :p

jamespowers said:
Ok, we'll give you a 44 mag to haul around then. That will stop any hardened perp. :p ;) "Do you feel lucky punk?"
. 44 Magnum's overkill... if I need that kinda firepower, I'll break out the grenade-launcher! It's not just the bore diameter, but also projectile weight and the powder behind it...

"Give"? I thought my terms were specific about me bringing my own toys to the party...

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
retrogirl1941 said:
That would be so cute! I was going to volunteer for that position but I like the more exciting burlesque/belly dancer/librbrarian!lol And for your hangout of choice it would have to be the soda shoppe!

Samantha

Let me elaborate:
If it's alright with Miss retrogirl1941

I volunteer to be the Veronica Lodge type bobbysoxer and protege of retrogirl the burlesque star. lol

Gaige

One of the Regulars
Man, I wish my daily uniform looked as smart as these gents from 1933. Same Browne belts look amazing!

Photo_FLPD1930.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Diamondback said:

No, we won't. Those dweebs, you can just shoot on sight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe