Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oscar Night

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
I am looking forward to this year's Oscar awards more then I have in a long time. A big reason is that the strike is over. We didn't even know if the Oscars were going to happen.

Also because I was at Hollywood and Highland yesterday on my way to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for a special press event for the movies nominated for the Oscar for make-up. All this makes me feel closer to the action.

I was planning on having an Oscar party tonight but my family is under the weather....so we are just going to make some popcorn and wathc the awards on the big screen.

Are you watching tonight? ...and if so where?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Watching from home and participating in a couple of live blogs--I've got a funny group of friends so they're always fun. I can't wait to see what Cate Blanchett turns up in--she usually looks stunning, and I'm looking forward to Jon Stewart hosting too.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
One of those very rare occasions. Last year was the first time I'd seen it for probably 5 years. People tell me because I make movies I have no excuse missing it. Bah! :p

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

imoldfashioned said:
I can't wait to see what Cate Blanchett turns up in--she usually looks stunning,

Agreed. So is not that beautiful in a classical sense.....but she is one of the best examples of using what you have. A lot of women could learn much from her. She is very sexy and intriguing because Kate is also an amazing actress. She makes you believe she is beautiful and glamourous. You can't take your eyes off her.

I also agree she has great taste in clothes....or her wardrobe person does.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
?

A lot of the men so far have peak lapel tuxedos. I am not very fond of them but to each his own.

Jennifer Garner's dress wasn't very flattering. It made her look flat chested.

The guys need to get those sleeves shortened on the jackets.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Brian Sheridan said:
Steve Carell was funny but I am dreading Get Smart.

Oh I know! Anne Hathaway just isn't Barbara Feldon.

I think Jon Stewart looks fantastic tonight too.

Cate looks good but I think Helen Mirren wins my vote for best dressed this evening--she looks amazing.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I've been trying, really I have. I've been making the effort, but awards shows just make me want to scream and throw something through my TV. It's a good TV, I can't fford to buy a new one. I watched a few seconds of those pre Oscar red carpet show before hand. Do those announcers take idiot pills before they go on the air? Eeeeek! Lemme outta here!
Enjoy, people, I'm turning on my radio and listening the The Big Broadcast.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
Oh I know! Anne Hathaway just isn't Barbara Feldon.

I think Jon Stewart looks fantastic tonight too.

Cate looks good but I think Helen Mirren wins my vote for best dressed this evening--she looks amazing.

Agreed on Helen Mirren! She is class and perfection personified! I think she looks just stunning! Who can pay attention to the latest "hot young thing" when Mirren's around? Amy Adams' dress was pretty fantastic too! :)

Jovan

Suspended
MK said:
Anybody notice how many guys are wearing neckties instead of bows? Are they all comparing notes?
Not that I have extensive experience wearing black tie, but it's a trend that has been going on for years now from what I've seen. I guess they think it makes them cool.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LadyStardust said:
Agreed on Helen Mirren! She is class and perfection personified! I think she looks just stunning! Who can pay attention to the latest "hot young thing" when Mirren's around? Amy Adams' dress was pretty fantastic too! :)

She does look amazing, I hope my mom can find something similar to that (though not scarlet) for my brother's upcoming wedding.

Feraud

Bartender
MK said:
Anybody notice how many guys are wearing neckties instead of bows? Are they all comparing notes?
Bleh. I dislike the look. Why not finish the job and wear the bowtie.
The few men who wore their bowties with tuxes look great.

kiltie

Practically Family
Are you insane?!?!?

MK wrote:
Agreed. So is not that beautiful in a classical sense.....but she is one of the best examples of using what you have. A lot of women could learn much from her. She is very sexy and intriguing because Kate is also an amazing actress. She makes you believe she is beautiful and glamourous. You can't take your eyes off her.

I'm not even really asking...I'm TELLING you - you are crazy. The FACT that she is beautiful is not open to debate. Not that I'm obsessive about it or anything...;)

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
I was cheering in my living room! And when Jon Stewart brought the girl back out--he owns my soul. What a great guy.

Me too! It was the highlight of the awards, along with Marion Cotillard and Daniel Day-Lewis winning. Not so happy about most of the other choices, though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe