Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful color and proportions.

Classic weight is the standard felt and finish as opposed to the lightweight and featherweight or the longhair or satin. 1000's are specialty felts.

The Classic Weight is akin to the vintage Premium felts such as the 15's(3X),20's and 40's- slightly thicker/heavier than the basic or lightweight models.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Classic weight is the standard felt and finish as opposed to the lightweight and featherweight or the longhair or satin. 1000's are specialty felts.

The Classic Weight is akin to the vintage Premium felts such as the 15's(3X),20's and 40's- slightly thicker/heavier than the basic or lightweight models.

Thanx, I always get the names for the different weights confused.

DRB

One Too Many
Something's in the Optimo oven for me--Holiday present!. It will be ready at the end of January. Stay tuned.
Aureliano, I know you have a beautiful collection so I know you will create a beautiful hat. I look forward to seeing it.

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
You will love it. Those people are excellent to work with and turn out very nice lids.
I met Graham a couple of years ago, he's a great guy. My wife and I went to Chicago on vacation and I took a bus to get to the hat shop. Graham, being as busy as he was planning some remodeling, was nice enough not only to re-flange my non Optimo hat for free but also gave me a ride to the train station. You just don't forget those things. I didn't buy a hat at that time but told him I will be his costumer. Now I am. Tifanni is also pretty amazing herself.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I will surmise that you have chosen the new Tungsten satin finish, not that I am biased in any way;)

Look forward to seeing your new hat. It will be a very special one for you without doubt.

What did you get? So, what color and style? Or are you going to keep us in suspense?

Not the Tungsten. It's a 2010 color but not as recent. Style... 5 1/2 crown. And I'll say no more!. :p If I have to wait for it guys, you better wait with me! :eeek::D

Chinaski

One Too Many
And I'll say no more!. :p If I have to wait for it guys, you better wait with me! :eeek::D

That will give us all something to shake off the post-holiday blues. Can't wait to see it Aureliano, and let's see...I'll bet we see it in the new hats thread, what hat are you wearing today thread, south-side mobsters, etc...:)

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
That will give us all something to shake off the post-holiday blues. Can't wait to see it Aureliano, and let's see...I'll bet we see it in the new hats thread, what hat are you wearing today thread, south-side mobsters, etc...:)

Yes, it will be everywhere!

Aureliano : you are such a tease. OK, I'll wait too. :D

Just a little... It's nothing grandiose, I'll tell you that. More of a classic in a cool color.

KyleK

One of the Regulars
Anyone have a pic of an Optimo in the Canyon Grey color? I'm just wondering what it looks like in person. Looks to be neutral with hints of brown and even purple on their site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe