Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Hey Delectans, how wide is the ribbon on your Milan? Also, what color is it? It appears to be gray with a hint of blue.

Thanx!!!
Charlie

The ribbon is 1-1/2", graphite gray. It looks lighter in hand, and does not have as much blue as it appears in my photo.

Crown is 4-1/2" at the front tapering to 3-3/4" at the back, with a 2-1/2" brim. Graham's C-Crown.

I will try to capture the ribbon color more accurately and post additional photos, but it is very close to the hat 3rd row down from the top, on the left:
http:///www.optimohats.com/newsletter/issue3/index.html

Last edited:

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Not anymore since I explained to her about having to train them to my oblong noggin. She still ribs me when wearing a hat at the PC while in the Lounge with my "hat friends"... [huh]

lollolThe wife has become more understanding of me and my hat friends but still shakes her head at the fedora and jammies:eusa_doh:

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My Optimo Milan.

Nice lid, Delectans. I have held one of Optimo's milans, and I know how soft they are. One is on my list for sure. I thought about ordering one this summer but didn't get around to it. So next summer for sure.

Is your ribbon black or dark blue or some other color?

Never mind. I read on a little further and saw your answer. Guess I should read first then post.

Last edited:

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
Great hat Delectans. I finally got to visit Optimo last week and my do those milans look nice! Being a bit out of season though I didn't pick one up. Then I fly back to So Cal and it's 90 degrees out of nowhere.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Not anymore since I explained to her about having to train them to my oblong noggin. She still ribs me when wearing a hat at the PC while in the Lounge with my "hat friends"... [huh]

lol That is so funny-and a great idea!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Nice lid, Delectans. I have held one of Optimo's milans, and I know how soft they are. One is on my list for sure. I thought about ordering one this summer but didn't get around to it. So next summer for sure.

Thanks, Bob. They are sublime. Look forward to seeing yours next Summer.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Great hat Delectans. I finally got to visit Optimo last week and my do those milans look nice! Being a bit out of season though I didn't pick one up. Then I fly back to So Cal and it's 90 degrees out of nowhere.

Appreciate the kind words, Lexybeast. Graham's Milans really are beautiful.

Having grown up in Orange County myself I remember well those 90 degree October days! Hey, at least you still have a shot at wearing those straws there. No chance here in Minnesota now until late Spring...

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Here is one from the other thread to add to the Optimo history...

Another "hats are coming back" story, but this one has video. Frank Mathie took the Channel 7 news cameras down to Chicago's Optimo and did a stand up report with Graham and crew.

The lovely Tiffani even made an appearance.

The piece ends with the $20,000 Panama!

I am headed there today, myself, to pick up a Stetson I'm having them work on.

It's a nice little report and some free advertising here in Chicago for Graham.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...hie&id=7774541

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Optimo Indigo Velour

5175200630_417b3e944d_b.jpg

5174596533_56420e6915_b.jpg

5175195580_643b0b38c5_z.jpg

Robert, Beautiful Velour! Super to see a modern Austrian Velour (major props to Optimo) like finish! The contrasting ribbon color is a winner too!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Outstanding! From the pics the finish appears very similar to Graham's new for 2011 Satin finish, and Indigo is fabulous.

Can't wait for my Satin finish to arrive...in Tungsten.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe