Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo Heavyweights

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I asked this before and I'll ask it again... Does anybody here have an Optimo heavyweight?

I have a Lasalle Grey from last year and have not worn it too much.

I'm going to be posting a one year review on the good and bad points of my Optimo lightweight soon, pics and all.

I'd like to know what experience you guys have had with the heavyweights.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I'm only a 4 hat HEAVYWEIGHT

You know better my friend. I have the following heavy felts:

Dolphin Gray, Willow brown, Almond tan (has a nice double stitched edge with light brown trim), my heavy Pewter Gray.

So that makes four. The rest of my Optimo's are lightweight.

I have felt samples coming and Graham and Marlene told me they have a new felt which is black, which is the best "black" they've seen. I thought black was black..we'll see.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I was waiting outside by the mailbox and it started getting dark and I heard noises so I decided to head back in.

I only have one of their heavy weights and it is of the old batch Beaver and Hair. If you come down here to SoCal, bring one of those heavy Beaver Nutria versions. I think Rundquist has one, though I can't recall.

Graham has decided to up the weight of this years light weights and I should be getting the swatches next week.

STHill

One of the Regulars
Matt, I'm glad you re-thought your decision to wait at the mailbox until the swatches came. The neighbors were beginning to worry about the little boy in the big hat standing out in the rain.LOL

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Next time bring a FLASHLIGHT JB

I doubt if there was any rain....bone dry down there.. You guys are stealing our water!:p

I think you went in because you are afraid of the dark....

Felt samples are due next week, per Graham. I am expecting them to be included in the box the Super Fino Fino Montecristi is in.

Just my guess.

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
I have an Optimo heavyweight in Dove Gray.
I received last February and I am very happy with it.I'm wearing it in my avatar, but here's another pic:
Davenport4-vi.jpg

It's pretty light in color so I'm probably "over careful" with it because I don't want to stain it.
I'm going to be back in Chicago this Nov for Thanksgiving and I hope to stop in in and order another. Maybe a blue one this time!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Originally posted by fedoralover
That's really nice looking. If you don't mind telling us, what does Optimo charge for a heavy weight felt fedora?

regards fedoralover

They charge the same price they charge for a light weight.

According to Graham the sales of light weight to heavy weight is about equal.

The heavy weights are about the density and thickness as a vintage royal deluxe Stetson.

I've seen that hat a couple times in person and the crown is probably the highest I have seen for a fedora.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe