Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Thread on Living Vintage

poetman

A-List Customer
Sorry to plug up the threads with a questions, but I'm trying to find an old thread that discussed to what degree members kept a vintage lifestyle. There were posts and photos that about how thoroughly vintage members currently lived. Can anyone recall that thread? I tried the search function to no avail.

Thanks!

poetman

A-List Customer
No suggestions? I though someone would have linked the thread immediately. It had something to do with the extent to which members keep a vintage lifestyle--I wish I could be more specific. Does anyone recall something like this?

poetman

A-List Customer
Thanks--that wasn't the thread to which I was referring, but I also posted inquiring about members' home offices so this thread is great to check out. Thanks for the link.

poetman

A-List Customer
Does anyone remember this thread? If not, can anyone suggest a good way to search for it? I know it was about the degree to which members kept vintage lifestyles. I'm pretty sure there were some pictures too. Thanks all!

poetman

A-List Customer
PhantomKnight said:
The 'what are you wearing today' thread includes many pictures and accounts of how often people wear vintage. There are 549 pages though.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=13881&page=549

Thanks, Phantom, but this was a specific thread that detailed the extent to which people lived vintage lives. Some people had no tvs, vintage kitchens, etc. There were a good amount of photos and other details. I'm surprised more members haven't recalled the thread. I tried searching for it, but I can't--for the life of me--recall any part of the title. Any help would be much appreciated.

Old Mariner

One of the Regulars
I remember the thread, but have no idea due to forum upgrade. I have been rooting through old threads to see if there's anything of interest to me and responding if so. In some of them there are links, but the links take a left turn - meaning, they don't go where they were supposed to.

Anyway, for myself, I try to live vintage within reason. I have modern tech (laptop, cell, tablet, kindle) but my internet is via my phone (which I use to pay bills, and keep ebooks on, and shop). So with technology, it is used very specifically. The apartment I live in is in an old building and so there is a small shared laundry room (so modern washer and dryer). I have a modern refrigerator too as that belongs to the apartment.

I should add, that I have no TV or even a radio. No microwave either. I am the dishwasher.

As for clothing - vintage/classic style. Not all of my clothing is vintage pieces. I do have a few, but not so much to count it worthwhile. I think, as far as interior style, the same could be said.

Peacoat

Bartender
Sorry to plug up the threads with a questions, but I'm trying to find an old thread that discussed to what degree members kept a vintage lifestyle. There were posts and photos that about how thoroughly vintage members currently lived. Can anyone recall that thread? I tried the search function to no avail.

Thanks!
It may be that it was in the forum linked below. That forum focuses on the vintage home.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/forums/your-vintage-home.34/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe