Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old Hollywood "Mad Scientist" type gown / coat

Edward

Bartender
Folks, I'm trying to find something along these lines, preferable in the UK, for a costume event next month:

A001-v.jpg

Don't seem to be having much luck with this one.... Just a traditional, old school mad scientist surgical gown in white with the button fastening on the front. Any ideas where I could get one, fast? The only palce I've found so far (where I turned up this one) seems to be trade only.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up

Edward

Bartender
Thanks, BT, much appreciated.... oddly enough, the gloves etc were dead easy to find, it's the coat was the hard part... Eventually, I'll have a button-up one custom made, but this is great for now. Thanks again.

Edward

Bartender
BellyTank said:
"...oddly enough" is meaningless, coming from you, Edward.;)

B
T

When I was sitting at home studying of a Saturday night back in my student days, my parents used to tell me I'd turn out "odd". Sometimes I wish I'd listened.... lol

Chainsaw

Suspended
Costumes on the cheap.

If you guys want something like that in the future, you can always go to a fabric store and enquire. Cloth for that outfit, (cheap cotton) would cost maybe a few dollars a yard, probably $20 bucks or so total, and choose froom a great selection of buttons.

Fabric stores always have many different seamstresses that work from home, that could make something like this for you. They work a hell of a lot cheaper than tailors. And usualy they're quality is extremly decent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust