Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old fashioned acne treatment

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
You could try an aspirin mask - with added honey. I find active Manuka honey to be utterly, utterly amazing, I used it on some MRSA infected wounds I had and it cleared up the infection within a week, which antibitoics had no effect on whatsoever. I had a load of tiny zits at the same time (either caused by the infection or the antibiotics) so I decided to try it on my face as a mask, and it cleared up every single zit I had. It's mildly exfoliating too, and the antibacterial qualities are just amazing. However it is very pricey. I have UMF 20 honey, but I think anything over 10 would be effective (and cheaper).

Here's a page with a recipe for a honey and aspirin mask, you'll be able to find tons of others if you google it.

http://www.xanga.com/RiceBunny/567728185/aspririn--beautiful-skin.html

Miss Brill

One Too Many
Make sure you aren't getting any hair care products on your face--like from your pillowcase & such. And don't use anything with mineral oil in it. The sun will make your skin produce more oil, so try to stay cool. I've had good luck with apple cider vinegar as a toner (I do not dilute it), it makes my skin really shiny, so I combat the shine with oil--pure grapeseed oil. You can also use baking soda as a mild scrub, and coat your skin in plain yogurt as a mask--it will work like alpha hydroxy acid, since it is lactic acid.

I've also heard that you can use your first urine of the day as a toner & it will cure it, but I always forget. lol

Phil

A-List Customer
Well, thank you for all the suggestions. I will get on tring some of them

however....

Miss Brill said:
I've also heard that you can use your first urine of the day as a toner & it will cure it, but I always forget. lol

I think I'll pass on this one:p

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Put a dab of Queen Helen Mint Julep Mask on zits overnight. It helps dry them out.

I have more tips on treating acne, all over-the-counter, but they're all newfangled.

Tamamiko

One of the Regulars
I heard just plain old tooth paste, not gel, but paste will clear it up too. Just dab a bit on before bed and wash your face in the morning. It supposedly brings them to a head and the face wash scrubs them off, or something like that.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Tamamiko said:
I heard just plain old tooth paste, not gel, but paste will clear it up too. Just dab a bit on before bed and wash your face in the morning. It supposedly brings them to a head and the face wash scrubs them off, or something like that.

I've heard that too, but I've also heard that it's really bad for your skin to do this and that it doesn't work.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
My grandma always told me to tape a peice of raw bacon to the zit and it would clear up! :eek:
I never tried it.
Nikki

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld