Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ok, now we enter the realm of just plain silly! (With apologies)

Wild Root

Gone Home
Man, you guys are bad...lol

I know I'm coming in on this late but, I want to say in regards to the original intention to this thread that the the Stetson hat that sold for 180+ wasn't too much in any respect. In fact, that's a fair price considering it's age and condition... it looked really good! It's also one of the higher models of Stetson, looks to be late 30's or early 40's... it's a nice hat and I'd pay it had I seen it and had some spare cash.

I feel that some of us forget that these vintage hats are little miracles in that they're still being found and in good condition. A felt hat with no moth damage or any other damage that is 60+ years old is truly worth 180!

=WR=

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
Man, you guys are bad...lol

Thanks Root, I'm going to take that as a compliment...

Then run away before you make me give it back! :p

Wild Root said:
I know I'm coming in on this late but, I want to say in regards to the original intention to this thread that the the Stetson hat that sold for 180+ wasn't too much in any respect. In fact, that's a fair price considering it's age and condition... it looked really good! It's also one of the higher models of Stetson, looks to be late 30's or early 40's... it's a nice hat and I'd pay it had I seen it and had some spare cash.

I feel that some of us forget that these vintage hats are little miracles in that they're still being found and in good condition. A felt hat with no moth damage or any other damage that is 60+ years old is truly worth 180!

=WR=

To be serious for a moment, I have to agree. It never ceases to amaze me that these beauties discarded by fashion and forgotten by most of the people who wore them have survived as well as they have. Hooray for the "I might need it again someday" attitude!

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So many in my little collection look like they've never been worn. The Stetson Homburg in my avatar is one of those. It came in the original box, which was fairly beaten up, but the hat inside was pristine. Yet it had the buyer's initials punched into the sweatband, meaning someone purchased it, took it home and never wore it.

I wonder if there's a "hat whisperer" out there who can get these lids to tell their stories?

Tony in Tarzana said:
So many in my little collection look like they've never been worn. The Stetson Homburg in my avatar is one of those. It came in the original box, which was fairly beaten up, but the hat inside was pristine. Yet it had the buyer's initials punched into the sweatband, meaning someone purchased it, took it home and never wore it.

I wonder if there's a "hat whisperer" out there who can get these lids to tell their stories?

(Big Movie Voice) Wildroot in....The Hat Whisperer. Coming to a theatre near you. Rated G. lol

Regards,

J

Wild Root

Gone Home
jamespowers said:
(Big Movie Voice) Wildroot in....The Hat Whisperer. Coming to a theatre near you. Rated G. lol

Regards,

J

Ah yes, well, I could here this original Royal De Luxe Stetson tell me one thing... I'm rare,clean, and worth ever penny!;)

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally