Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oh wow....what do I even say? >.<

MPicciotto

Practically Family
I'm a strong proponent of shorts...

But not with a tie and jacket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rage: :rage: :rage:

First time in a while I've looked at a picture and felt physically ill. Shorts are meant to be worn with a short sleeve button down of the safari variety and with a pith helmet. Or with a t-shirt while doing P.T.

Matt

DerMann

Practically Family
The only time when a jacket and shorts should be paired together is when one is on safari and has a safari jacket and those British drill shorts that are cut just above the knee. Of course this would be complimented with a pair of knee high wool socks, thus leaving only one's kneecap bare. Pith helmet too, of course.

I threw up a little when I saw this, though.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
31shorts-600.jpg

They are just thinking:
"How much did I get paid for modeling this dreck? I need a new agent!":p

Actually those arent models, those are real people in their real clothes.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Sunny said:
Aside from the look, the "Why be hot at work?" bit leaves me behind. [huh]

It's called air conditioning. And it works. All too well. I am cold at work. I wear stockings and sweaters at work throughout the summer. I have a space heater under my desk! A knee-length skirt is comparable to shorts, and in my office and other places I've been, it's not that comfortable. Of course if your office doesn't have A/C, that's another issue. Or if you're quite warm-natured. But don't try to tell me that businesswear shorts are good because they're practical.

Hmm, I have to agree that in MY office the A/C can be WAY cold. So we are often hot in the winter but cold in the summer.

Aside from that, these pix are of NYC, where the weather has been a bit hotter than usual, two diff heatwaves so far. And they are probably not driving around , enjoying the car's AC on th way home.

Years ago on the Larry Sanders Show there was a great joke about some slacker dreaming of being a UPS man so he could wear shorts & drive w/ the door open.

Feraud

Bartender
MrBern said:
Aside from that, these pix are of NYC, where the weather has been a bit hotter than usual, two diff heatwaves so far. And they are probably not driving around , enjoying the car's AC on th way home.
Have you seen any guys walking around NYC like that? I haven't. Heatwaves or not, most offices are air conditioned. No way those fellas work in a NYC white collar job. Those are models.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Frankly, I think that the fellow on the left looks awkward. He even looks like he feels awkward.
The guy in the middle looks preppy and confident. I think he pulls it off well.
The fellow on the right looks pretty average. Nothing ground breaking there, except perhaps for the designer bag. For me, it's the shoes that throw everything off.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Have you seen any guys walking around NYC like that? I haven't. Heatwaves or not, most offices are air conditioned. No way those fellas work in a NYC white collar job. Those are models.

Well the article & photo captions seem to identify them & their professions.

My office is near Bryant Park, a location mentioned in the article & near the Garment District...so yes I do see men wearing Thom Browne suits and shorts. More often I see colleagues in cargo shorts, biking & blading to work.

Havent seen HeidiKlum & TimGunn walking around yet...

The article points out the Ad Agency with the 'no long pants' policy. I hate to break it to you guys, but there are lots of white collar jobs that involve creative types who do not wear a pinstripe suit. In fact its often discouraged.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
MrBern said:
The article points out the Ad Agency with the 'no long pants' policy. I hate to break it to you guys, but there are lots of white collar jobs that involve creative types who do not wear a pinstripe suit. In fact its often discouraged.
Well this is a form of discrimination then! :mad: I have the right to wear a nice 3 piece suit, (with trousers) to work if I want to, no matter where I choose to work.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
We could file a class action suit against the ad agency in Salt Lake City for forcing workers to bare their legs. lol
Sure, why not? Not only does it discriminate against those of us who prefer a real suit, it borders on the obscene. Assault even, an assault on my eyeballs is what it is. (Besides, I could use some cash.;) )
Get me my lawyers on the phone,....

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Maj.Nick Danger said:
[I could almost swear that first guy is actually Peewee Herman.

LOL Maj.Danger,the more i see it, the more i hate it! :rage:
That Peewee lookalike style brings out the worst in me! :eek: lol

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
We could file a class action suit against the ad agency in Salt Lake City for forcing workers to bare their legs. lol

Funny point.
Brings to mind the days when women were discouraged from wearing pants.

How about companies that have dress codes against men's hair length & facial hair. But then the military does that, so you wouldnt get too far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld