Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

O.P.S. Borsalino, 7 3/8

ideaguy

One Too Many
GRRR...Just what I was looking for- but in a Long Oval; don't think that it'll take a stretch?? And, who do you recommend for
cleaning/blocking/stretching? I know of Optimo, but they look a little pricey-gladly give the business to a smaller concern
and kind of keep it in the family-have 3-4 hats to go right away...

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Dang. That is one nice sweet Borso! I hear you about not wanting to risk pulling on that one, I have the same problem you do, a nice 7 3/8 and after peeking at it more and more, I am not going to risk doing anything to it...so...I will toss it for sale as well.

Ormazd

One of the Regulars
Ooh, that's a great looking hat and in my size. Put it on my watch list.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
GRRR...Just what I was looking for- but in a Long Oval; don't think that it'll take a stretch?? And, who do you recommend for
cleaning/blocking/stretching? I know of Optimo, but they look a little pricey-gladly give the business to a smaller concern
and kind of keep it in the family-have 3-4 hats to go right away...
I don't think the difference between a regular oval and a long oval is much of a concern with these older Borsalinos. The sweatbands are non-reeded, and the felt is malleable; those two features combine to make a very forgiving, comfortable fit.

Shipping costs become an issue for sending a hat off for the royal treatment, but you have 3 or 4, so maybe not such an issue. Northwest Hats in Eugene, OR and Cleanahat are the only two pros I've used, and they both did great work.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Dang. That is one nice sweet Borso! I hear you about not wanting to risk pulling on that one, I have the same problem you do, a nice 7 3/8 and after peeking at it more and more, I am not going to risk doing anything to it...so...I will toss it for sale as well.
Rational decision, Dan'l!

Anyone unfamiliar with these O.P.S. hats? Here's a thread about only them.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?41559-Special-OPS/page3&highlight=Special+OPS

Josh launched a great thread about the OPS's and their older cousin, the OPA's, but I can't find it, dang it all to heck!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Well geez, maybe someone will post a link to it here? If not, relax, have a chili dog, enjoy the fireplace! If that hat was a 7 1/2, I would have made a run to the bank and bidding like crazy on it!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
In 24 hours time, I hope, one of you will be the proud new owner of this one. The way I have it packed, I don't think even the USPS could damage it!

ideaguy

One Too Many
You should see the marvelous "box" that arrived on my porch; thought someone had thrown some trash up there. Was more round than
square, open, labels hanging off and stuffing coming out. There was a Borsa in the very bottom, thankfully, protected by 3 issues of a Sunday
paper, complete with ads for winter hats! Amazing what happens when you stamp "fragile" on a box...

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I'm with you. No way I'll label anything FRAGILE anymore. It's an invitation to abuse the box, for sure.

Glad your hat made it through that wringer!

Walt

One of the Regulars
Randall,

Congrats on the final price for the Spokane found Borsalino! It didn't go super high, but still you did good! :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld