Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutty Neighbors

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Not around here. The lots may be large but the home sucks up all the yard. You need a double lot like my neighbor on the side of me has. The other corners are all house and no yard.
I know there are some places like that, and actually I know there are some corner lots that have almost nothing between them and the "non" corner as the house is right up close to it.....so yeah....there really is no "rule of thumb" on that topic.

However, on the topic of nutty neighbors......I really do put effort into being very diplomatic towards others...and I do have to be careful about what I may do "in public" as a business owner. However I also have a firm belief that if a neighbor is being a "pain", and you are not planning on moving, if you are very "creative" you can come up with ways to help them "move"....

Not as bad as some I've had come to my counter in my retail days. They'd walk out with 3 buggies of stuff for 20 bucks.

One of those extreme couponers? :p

One of the owners of the bar came over today when I got home from work. He thanked me for not calling the Sheriff about the damage to our fence this week. We just let them take care of it, they were straight about it, so why not?

They told us they now like the fence that they fought tooth and nail over when we put it up. Smoking is now banned and they built a lean-to, with our fence up against it, the thing essentially has three walls. They tell us it's worked out well for their business. Who'da thought?

Not as bad as some I've had come to my counter in my retail days. They'd walk out with 3 buggies of stuff for 20 bucks.

One of the owners of the bar came over today when I got home from work. He thanked me for not calling the Sheriff about the damage to our fence this week. We just let them take care of it, they were straight about it, so why not?

They told us they now like the fence that they fought tooth and nail over when we put it up. Smoking is now banned and they built a lean-to, with our fence up against it, the thing essentially has three walls. They tell us it's worked out well for their business. Who'da thought?

You guys get double coupons out there. We don't here.

A smoking lounge lean to. I could have figured since we had all those laws on the books here first. :p

I think they're silly. They made my life harder here for a very long time. That's just what I want, drunken people smoking and eyeing up what I've got sitting around my place.

You guys get double coupons out there. We don't here.

A smoking lounge lean to. I could have figured since we had all those laws on the books here first. :p

I'm getting new neighbors across the street. Wild Bill's Saloon is reopening as Saj's. Wild Bill's was a biker bar and shut down after a guy was stabbed and killed out front. It's opening back up as a sports bar and they say they will not be catering to biker clientele, which the Olde Chicago a couple doors over does.

http://www.wiscnews.com/portagedail...cle_344cb7f0-fa13-11e0-be5d-001cc4c002e0.html

Well you have your dad to send out to the biker contingent and they'll think he is Paul Sr and listen to him. :p

You're blind to reality and measurements.

Wait a minute...lacking in perception or judgment?..Without intelligent control....or in a blind alley?..Or ambushing from a hiding place?...Reality...realty...relativity...or relevancy..?? Dimensions..capacity..or rhythmic beat? Metric?...Or for good measure?....
Please explain...make plain...expound...

59Lark

Practically Family
Tom, my brother lives in dowtown guelph famous for biltmore hats , actually he lives a block from the factory. He has woken up to drunken university students urinating on his wall of his house. He arranged for more police presense and moved a taxi stand so the students would get taken out faster instead of lounging after the bars closed, but many council meetings and hundreds of phone calls and newspaper articles, yes he isnt married soon though. He did this years ago, me i dont have time for that. He too had to put up a fence and try to seal his property to avoid damage. I live on a major highway and my daughter whos room is at the front hears trucks all night and the drunks when the hotels close going home. My closet neighbour who was a long distant driver sold his house. It went from the quietest neighbour to ya ho city, night people who teenagers have a crowd of strange loser kids who curse and chant and smoke substance , yes i have a fence thank goodness. Yes i plan to move in the next three years. 59Lark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld