Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutty Neighbors

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
And just how did you do that?

Well now....I can't say that on this forum...but let me tell you be creative...and when they think you are totally going to be insanely violent, they will not even walk on the sidewalk in front of your home, their kids will be told "stay off that person's property" by the parents and you will have ZERO problems with the neighbors from that point on. I've had to do that once or twice and it worked.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Just run outside with a chainsaw and a hockey mask.....

[video=youtube_share;cjatFXszovk]http://youtu.be/cjatFXszovk[/video]
What I actually did was far worse, and I really did not want to be that way, but I got tired of having things in my garage being broken and dented cars from kids bikes in my drive way and parents that would just shrug their shoulders when I asked them to keep their rug rats off my property. I only had to be "bonkers" one time, and everyone on the block spread the rumors and it took care of it. I could and did live in peace for the rest of the time I lived in that home, until I eventually sold it and moved. I almost bet that neighborhood had a "thank God that Satan has moved" party when I moved out!

I had a fella stumble over from the bar tonight. He shook my hand and was making a little small talk with me. I had just gotten home and he kept staring at my lunch pail. Finally, he cut to the chase. He wanted to know where I worked, if they were hiring, and where he could apply. I gave him the info and he told me 'Thanks, I'm gonna use you as a reference.' When I got in the house, I realized he didn't even know what my name was lol

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I had a fella stumble over from the bar tonight. He shook my hand and was making a little small talk with me. I had just gotten home and he kept staring at my lunch pail. Finally, he cut to the chase. He wanted to know where I worked, if they were hiring, and where he could apply. I gave him the info and he told me 'Thanks, I'm gonna use you as a reference.' When I got in the house, I realized he didn't even know what my name was lol

It may have been the Major of your town! (or Otis reincarnated)!

Good thing he can't use you as a reference. :p

Connery

One Too Many

I thought you were going to say he asked for a bite to eat, but, this is hilarious..............lollollol

rue

That is an easy one---You like to have the windows open all the time. Turn the radio on really loud when you listen to the guy that is on from 9-noon. :p They won't bother you.

Excellent idea! Thank you :D

If they bring over Brownies that make you giggle until you cry...just be extra careful drinking their wine....:hippie::cool:;)

Uh.... no, not eating their brownies.... :p

Actually wine was offered by the yuppie neighbors in between me and the hippie. Nice but, I'm not a wine expert and I don't want to hear about the "bouquet" of whatever swill they're drinking :rolleyes:
I also had an offer to go to a poetry reading from the beatnik neighbors across the street.... not doing that either :p

Actually wine was offered by the yuppie neighbors in between me and the hippie. Nice but, I'm not a wine expert and I don't want to hear about the "bouquet" of whatever swill they're drinking :rolleyes:
I also had an offer to go to a poetry reading from the beatnik neighbors across the street.... not doing that either :p

Holey smoke signals! I thought you moved into real Cowboy country...and the only thing to watch out for was the tobacy chewing cattle rustlers. ...but this could be serious :eeek:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Excellent idea! Thank you :D

Now Rue, you don't want to come across as the stuffy neighbor. Make nice and say something about how fresh the box that their wine comes in smells. Be prepared for the poetry reading, look up limerick and memorize something that starts with "There once was a man from Nantucket..."

Remember, you're the NEW neighbor, you have to fit in with THEM. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld