Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutria million dollar bash hat

ken100

Familiar Face
Artsy fartsy

Thats a cool shot Pablo, and I think your right, you bash yours like the tucker man and its not coming back, hope you like eating bugs and stuff.

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Ok, done my homework: gone on a walk with Irene and Zappa (the dawg), took some pictures. Sorry if some of the "macro" pictures are not ideal, also the gilt lettring of the fuchsia liner does not photograph clearly... but gives a good idea of what this hat is all about.
Now that I appear to have mastered the fine art of posting pictures, I'll work on making a presentation of my Stetson 100.

002.jpg

004.jpg

013.jpg

016.jpg

018.jpg

034.jpg

024.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
That's a beautiful hat. That kind of curled brim edge adds such a flair to a hat.
And I love the older sweatband and liner imprints, how much more detail they have than later ones.

Justdog

Practically Family
PabloElFlamenco said:
Here's my Nutria hat, a 1930's Stetson "Kettle finish Boss Raw Edge Real Nutria" originally sold at Silverwood's, either at their "golden mile" store in Los Angeles, or in Hollywood, where they also had a store.
All bashes were done within a five-minute span: no steam, fingers only.
This fur is the most supple I have ever seen in any hat.

Nutria.jpg

Fantastic bash suits you perfectly. Great photograph! The peak compliments the line of your face through the verticle centered down the nose. Nice shirt as well!

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Can't get my 13 year old "Dapper Dan Man" of a grandson to wear hats. He's so scared one of the girls should see him with an uncontrolled hairstrain or two. GrandPa' just found the perfect Christmas present. What a great timing! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe