Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now Forming! the Campaign Hat Corps

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mark G said:
I could see the 5 3/4" crown, a lot of hats had that, but I can't figure out why they would have the difference in brim width. What would the value in that be?

Excellent question, Mark. Can't think of a reason.[huh]

dean

Speedster

Practically Family
deanglen said:
Speedster, the Lounge "covers" a lot of ground. Hey could you post a shot of you in full Rough Riders gear from head cover to booted toe? That would be cool.!:)

dean

Dean, i will try to get some photos taken next time i'm on the shooting range. My wife refuse to take pictures of me in my "carnival outfits" as she calls them.

Speedster

Practically Family
Joel Tunnah said:
Yes, speedster, your hat was once my hat. But it looks much better now - Dean did a great job. Looks like he softened it up quite a bit too. I love the bash.

Joel

Joel, so this is the one:

jt1898hat01.jpg

I don't know how stiff i was originally, but it is quite soft now. And i also like the bash and brim curl Dean gave it very, very much. And the ribbon change. It's going to stay like that forever. It is being worn with pride.

Kodiak

A-List Customer
Proposed uniform for the Campaign Hat Corps...

A pic of me, wearing the Akubra Slouch from Mike K and other military-ish adventure gear:

my.php

deanglen

My time machine works, and I've photographic evidence!

A tweak here, a twist there, and my as yet super secret time machine, "The Wayback...and Forth" machine as I refer to had its test run this morning and I just got back. Here's the proof. Only one problem. It won't transport anything but a human being, so the hat and uniform remained behind. I'm considering scrapping the project. What good is it if I cannot bring back original headgear to adorn the brows of Corps members? Didn't need glasses back then either! What does the machine itself look like? An upside down colander with wires attached to an alarm clock wired up to a car battery. A hat style machine for a hatl oving time traveller.

c68f_3.jpg

dean

Rooster

Practically Family
Hey fellas, snagged an Akubra slouch hat off the 'bay last night for cheap. :eusa_clap Pictures when it arrives.
Anyone else have an Akubra slouch?

Speedster

Practically Family
deanglen said:
A tweak here, a twist there, and my as yet super secret time machine, "The Wayback...and Forth" machine as I refer to had its test run this morning and I just got back. Here's the proof. Only one problem. It won't transport anything but a human being, so the hat and uniform remained behind. I'm considering scrapping the project. What good is it if I cannot bring back original headgear to adorn the brows of Corps members? Didn't need glasses back then either! What does the machine itself look like? An upside down colander with wires attached to an alarm clock wired up to a car battery. A hat style machine for a hatl oving time traveller.

c68f_3.jpg

dean

Nice time machine you got there, Dean. :eusa_clap
Super photo. Lots of details. Have you noticed the shoes/boots. Looks like more suited for the city than field use. And the little doctors bag on the bed in the tent.

deanglen said:

c68f_3.jpg

dean
Simple! You go back and cache your special goods in some place that will allow them to survive intact and undiscovered until you go find them.

Question: if you go back in time naked, doesn't it make for akward appearences in the past?

deanglen

John in Covina said:
Simple! You go back and cache your special goods in some place that will allow them to survive intact and undiscovered until you go find them.

Question: if you go back in time naked, doesn't it make for akward appearences in the past?

John,

Another drawback I left to the inferential skills of the Lounge! Not to mention turning up in Alaska in January! The natives supplied with me furs that would have made great hats if I hadn't needed them to keep warm until I hitched a ride from Anchorange on a passing whaler that dropped me off in San Francisco where I found my way to the Citadel and scrounged up an officer's uniform. From there I demanded orders to serve in the Phillipine Insurrection as a captain of volunteers. No one checked my background. I was relieved. But not of command. Not sure I can go back...the battery is dead.

dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe