Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Not your run of the mill black fedora

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Oh, YES

I love that color combo, Steve! Way to dress up a black lid. I love the contrast idea on the black, and have often thought about a a chocolate brown ribbon and binding. BRAVO!:eusa_clap
NB

Fedora

Vendor
love that color combo, Steve! Way to dress up a black lid. I love the contrast idea on the black,

Thanks, but I cannot take any credit for the color selection. I just did as I was told!!:)

Here is one, that has a nuance on the bow as well, although it is much more subtle. Same block shape, but different brim flange and ribbon width. This ribbon here is 1 15/16 in width, vintage antique green, with vintage iron ribbon ribs on the knot. A subltle two tone.

pecanfront.jpg

Pecanside.jpg

twotoned.jpg

I think I created this style of knot when I did this one, but cannot say for sure. He wanted the contrasting knot on this hat as well, but I added a flourish to it. Now, I need to duck and run. :eek: Fedora

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fedora said:
twotoned.jpg

I think I created this style of knot when I did this one, but cannot say for sure. He wanted the contrasting knot on this hat as well, but I added a flourish to it. Now, I need to duck and run. :eek: Fedora

Extremely nice knot. Love the way once color brackets
the other. I particularly appreciate that it is tasteful- some
ribbons and bows from the 50s, for example, are very busy
in their attempts to break out of tradition. Nice hat.

analogist

One of the Regulars
ANOTHER BLACK HAT IT AIN'T

My first thought when I had actually handled this hat and put it on my head was that a picture can be a mere hint of the truth. It is lustrous black with a ribbon that to me seems to be the color of a WWII Eisenhower Jacket. It is a fine combo of body and ribbon even if it means tooting my own horn.
(David Letterman often says if he could toot his own horn, he would do it all day).

The black body is a bit stiffer than my brown AB but it is comfortable, and the slight curl on the back of the brim gives the hat just the swagger a black hat needs. Best of all, it looks just smashing with my long raven locks and mink coat.

Steve, when it comes to the Indy look, you don't have to worry about looking over your shoulder.

analogist

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Strike a cord

analogist
It is lustrous black with a ribbon that to me seems to be the color of a WWII Eisenhower Jacket.

i know the color...though born in 1963...i feel and have seen what you mean.

enjoy again,

WEEGEE

(Truman may have failed in his store but he instilled the ideal of proper
dress beyond...)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe