Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northwest Hats, Eugene, Ore.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This fedora is meant to be a tribute hat to the U.S. Marine Corps dress blue uniform. I had a hat made years ago that I loved and have worn many times. Having said that I thought I could do a better job matching colors. So, I decided to start over. First, the felt color is midnight blue. The USMC dress blue coat is officially called “midnight blue” but is virtually black. The midnight blue of this felt is also almost black. The trousers for enlisted are “sky blue.” NCOs (non-commissioned officers) and officers have a “blood stripe” on the trousers. The ribbon I found is almost a perfect match for the “sky blue” and “blood stripe.” The bow treatment is based on the M1902 USMC campaign cover. We even added vent holes in the shape of stars the same as the M1902 cover. In addition, there is also two rows of stitching on the brim to kind of match the piping on the dress blue coat. So, this fedora has the colors of the dress blue uniform with aspects of the M1902 campaign cover. Pretty cool if I say so myself.

IMG_0403.jpeg
IMG_0409.jpeg
IMG_0412.jpeg
IMG_0413.jpeg
IMG_0408.jpeg
IMG_0404.jpeg
IMG_0406.jpeg
IMG_0407.jpeg
Image 3.jpeg
Image 1.jpeg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Another beauty, Bill.

This fedora is meant to be a tribute hat to the U.S. Marine Corps dress blue uniform. I had a hat made years ago that I loved and have worn many times. Having said that I thought I could do a better job matching colors. So, I decided to start over. First, the felt color is midnight blue. The USMC dress blue coat is officially called “midnight blue” but is virtually black. The midnight blue of this felt is also almost black. The trousers for enlisted are “sky blue.” NCOs (non-commissioned officers) and officers have a “blood stripe” on the trousers. The ribbon I found is almost a perfect match for the “sky blue” and “blood stripe.” The bow treatment is based on the M1902 USMC campaign cover. We even added vent holes in the shape of stars the same as the M1902 cover. In addition, there is also two rows of stitching on the brim to kind of match the piping on the dress blue coat. So, this fedora has the colors of the dress blue uniform with aspects of the M1902 campaign cover. Pretty cool if I say so myself.

View attachment 645245 View attachment 645246 View attachment 645247 View attachment 645248 View attachment 645249 View attachment 645250 View attachment 645251 View attachment 645252 View attachment 645253 View attachment 645255

Woodtroll

One Too Many

View attachment 645245 View attachment 645246 View attachment 645247 View attachment 645248 View attachment 645249 View attachment 645250 View attachment 645251 View attachment 645252 View attachment 645253 View attachment 645255

Indeed it is cool! Very nice, sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjgs