Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Norman Rockwell

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Save_freedom_worship.jpg

Extracted from Wikipedia:

"Norman Percevel Rockwell (February 3, 1894 – November 8, 1978) was a 20th century American painter. His works enjoy a broad popular appeal in the United States, where Rockwell is most famous for the cover illustrations he created for The Saturday Evening Post magazine over more than four decades. Among the best-known of Rockwell's works are Rosie the Riveter (the less-reproduced of two works generally given that title) and the Four Freedoms series."

http://www.normanrockwell.com/artwork/gallery.htm

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
The company where I work was founded in 1946. The owner and founder - who passed away a few months ago - was a huge Norman Rockwell fan. There are Rockwell print up throughout the building.

There are six in the warehouse break room, and even though they haven't been changed in the eight years I've worked there, I still love sitting and looking at them when I can be there alone and it's quiet. They make me wish I was born in a simpler time.

Lee

"I like reminiscing with people I don't know. . . Granted, it takes longer." - Steven Wright.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
A friend of my family had her father's portrait done by Norman Rockwell. The subject was Willard Rockwell of Rockwell International, (no relation). This lady was quite the art expert. She was friends with Alexander Calder, owned an original Paul Klee, Joseph Cornell, Jasper Johns. She, being a serious modern expert, started out not holding Norman Rockwell in great esteem. But by the time the portrait was finished, she was singing his praises, as being a true "painterly" artist.

MagistrateChris

One of the Regulars
I was introduced to Norman Rockwell's work back when I was a Boy Scout, as Rockwell is also well known for his artworks involving scouting. Now that I'm back into Scouting, a leader for my son's pack, the artwork has a new level of meaning to me...not what I was going to do, but how my son was going to grow. Top notch stuff!

A

Ande1963

He was a great painter and observer, but most importantly, he was a great storyteller. Every painting of his tells a story that most of his intended audience can easily relate to. That's what really sets him apart.

Anj

MissHuff

A-List Customer
I love Rockwell. Everytime I think of his work it always takes me back to my pediatrician's office. They were all over the waiting room and in the little rage: e exam rooms. Now I take my daughter to that same office and it's nice to still see the pictures.

panamag8or

Practically Family
MrNewportCustom said:
The company where I work was founded in 1946. The owner and founder - who passed away a few months ago - was a huge Norman Rockwell fan. There are Rockwell print up throughout the building.

There are six in the warehouse break room, and even though they haven't been changed in the eight years I've worked there, I still love sitting and looking at them when I can be there alone and it's quiet. They make me wish I was born in a simpler time.

Probably because you see something new each time you look. The details are amazing.

My intro to Rockwell was a huge book of his paintings that my parents have. When I moved into their place, and they started taking their stuff to their new place, I made them leave the Rockwell book.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe