Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No Mo Money Honey!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
That will leave a mere pittance of, oh, $69 million left to pass around. How will the poor little babies survive???
On the other hand, good for the old man! I seem to remember something about a camel and the eye of a needle.

Oh, waaaah. Boo-hoo-hoo-hoo-snarking-hoo, my scaly little heart "bleeds" for them.

Only if you count red ink as "blood"--speaking of, I'd expect to see a fair bit of that in their financial futures....

And then maybe they will finally fade into the obscurity they should have lived in all along. Yes, that's cold--but why would you expect anything else from an evil old reptile like me?lol

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Foofoogal said:
I wonder how many Fedoras this man bought in his lifetime.

He lives about an hour down the road in a little backwater desert town. I don't believe I've ever seen him wear a fedora, but certainly lots of cowboy hats. My father was part of the rescue team looking for Forbes and using Hilton's ranch as a base. He said Hilton is incredibly down-to-earth and invited everyone in for coffee and donuts and even allowed some of the guys to have access to his land for deer hunting. And apparently he likes cheap cigars. Go figure.

Richard

Nashoba

One Too Many
lol lol lol lol lol ahhh DB, I've missed ya.

Diamondback said:
Oh, waaaah. Boo-hoo-hoo-hoo-snarking-hoo, my scaly little heart "bleeds" for them.

Only if you count red ink as "blood"--speaking of, I'd expect to see a fair bit of that in their financial futures....

And then maybe they will finally fade into the obscurity they should have lived in all along. Yes, that's cold--but why would you expect anything else from an evil old reptile like me?lol

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
Or what Alice Roosevelt Longworth said.
"The rich are different from you and me - they have more money" ???

Or what? Is it postable? (A guy I once knew claimed to have been befriended by Mrs. Longworth as a child and said she had a gloriously filthy vocabulary.)

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I don't think it necessarily has a -single- thing to do with his granddaughter and 'teaching her' a lesson.

His sons have their -own- fortunes. This move on his part does by no means bankrupt any of them.

This man's father -also- gave all of his money to charity instead of his children. So -this- man earned his -own- fortune, and is now following a tradition and giving it away near the end.

Any other motivation is -pure media speculation-.

Foofoogal

Banned
Yeah for Philanthropy!

Some of the wealthiest people I have ever met have been down to earth and some of the poorest have been the greatest snobs. :eusa_doh:

Monetary I mean.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
scotrace said:
Ha! This is an interesting development isn't it? Might she have to find a way to make money?

Find a way to make money!?
Shes had a tv show(s), clothing endorsements, book deals, movie deals, a perfume line, etc. All from the fact of who she is with no talent required. You cant go anywhere without being forced to see her! :eusa_doh:

Little rich girl, you will be alright.

LD

obiwan

Familiar Face
Miss Neecerie said:
This man's father -also- gave all of his money to charity instead of his children. So -this- man earned his -own- fortune, and is now following a tradition and giving it away near the end.

Not completely true, his Dad gave his fortune to charity but, Barron spent years in court fighting for his share and settled out of court for 50%

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
Find a way to make money!?
Shes had a tv show(s), clothing endorsements, book deals, movie deals, a perfume line, etc. All from the fact of who she is with no talent required. You cant go anywhere without being forced to see her! :eusa_doh:

Little rich girl, you will be alright.

LD

She makes at least $15,000-$30,000 just for appearing at an event. And that's not including her existing contracts for events, the above work, modeling, and all the free swag she receives, which can total tens of thousands per event.

She also has a pretty quiet mother and sister, and they aren't suffering either. I agree with our well-read Bartender, Grandpa's following in well-trod footsteps and has got class. Other folks are pledging their fortune late in life too: Bill Gates, etc. I'd love to be able to emulate this charitable giving on such a grand scale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe