Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicotine stains

Stepford Dame

New in Town
Reply to

I just use good ol' household hydrogen peroxide. Swish and spit out before each brushing. I'm also a dedicated tea drinker, so this helps with other stains as well. Good luck! :D

zendy

A-List Customer
I've wanted to whiten my teeth for a while, but my front 2 are fake. Do you think the hydrogen peroxide would work on those as well. I don't want to end up with scary rodent teeth.

Puzzicato

One Too Many
tuppence said:
Ah peroxide! Why didn't I think of that
Ohh and I believe we have Sensodyne in Australia too
Thanks ladies

Sure do! Although I don't remember seeing this one last time I was home, there seem to be new types of toothpaste out every time I go shopping, so this one might be new.

Smuterella

One Too Many
There is always one... lol

It is more about trying to keep them as white as possible whilst still enjoying smoking. Like going to the gym regularly so you can still eat donuts.

That's how iot works for me anyway. :D

Its expensive but I've found that a sonic toothbrush and good old smokers toothpowder does wonders. you can't use the toothpowder all the time is its pretty abrasive but it really helps for a quick clean up.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Inexpensive way to whiten nicotine stains...quit smoking? Buy an electric toothbrush with some of the savings? They really do get your teeth cleaner.

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
The store brand white strips from Target work very very well. I bought a box ages ago, and use them for a few days and then stop for ages until I want to boost them a little whiter (before a date, that sort of thing =))

They are $17 US, so I don't know if that counts as inexpensive enough, or how much whitening you need, but they give me pretty great results!

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
zendy said:
I've wanted to whiten my teeth for a while, but my front 2 are fake. Do you think the hydrogen peroxide would work on those as well. I don't want to end up with scary rodent teeth.
I wondered this! My front two need veneering really, but until I can afford it I'm stuck with the way they look - if I whiten my teeth, will my fakies whiten with them? Or just look awful and stained next to the rest of my teeth? x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe