Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice looking tweed suit

SteveAS

Practically Family
This tweed suit appears to my eye to be from the 1950s or early 1960s. At any rate, I think it's nicely styled and the seller says it's heavy tweed. It looks like it was MTM or bespoke in Japan. Does anyone have any comments on the quality of Japanese tailoring? Can't beat the starting price!

Oh, and the seller sent me the following measurements:
The verticle measurement is 34" ...underarm to underarm is 22"...shoulder length is 20"..sleeve from shoulder seam to cuff is 26.5"

$(KGrHqZ,!owE9d!5hkpQBP,3dUiR-w~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!nME9g,LOwLEBP,3eWTk+w~~60_58.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!hIE8jp(LCbyBP,3l)2Pug~~60_58.JPG

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
The style of the lining in the jacket, the criss crossed material at the neck, instead of a fully lined back, always indicates to me a suit from before about 1956. I'd guess it's early 50's, or earlier.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
On a second thought it is a little too big in the chest for me too. I shouldn't buy things that are "almost" right. I am not a collector. I buy to wear and can't afford to do otherwise. But it's a tweed suit... *dream*:rolleyes:

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
The seller says it fits like 42L and the pants are 34x34....my....exact....size O_O

After I've wiped some drool from my keyboard, I may just place a bid on this bad boy.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Seller only ships by UPS, says he can only say after end of auction how much it's gonna cost. UPS from the US to Europe for a heavy suit and coat can cost something like $200 or even $300. I'm out.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I think you're way off on the UPS price. But another route would be to have it sent to a fellow UK Lounger, who could send it on by Royal Mail. Several UK members have offered to do this, as I recall. No harm asking.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Seller only ships by UPS, says he can only say after end of auction how much it's gonna cost. UPS from the US to Europe for a heavy suit and coat can cost something like $200 or even $300. I'm out.
:eusa_doh:Whoooaa. I never used UPS from US to germany. Thanks for the warning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld