Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice hats at Tombstone, AZ

DRB

One Too Many
Here are some pictures of some nice hats taken at Tombstone, Arizona, near the OK Corral. I think there is trouble a brewin

ArizonaMay20101007.jpg

ArizonaMay20101008.jpg

ArizonaMay20101030.jpg

ArizonaMay20101038.jpg

ArizonaMay20101039.jpg

ArizonaMay20101041.jpg

ArizonaMay20101045.jpg

ArizonaMay20101070.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Good photos! I was there a couple years ago and had a super time in both Tucson and Tombstone.

The hats are fine but a couple of those fellas need to have their coat sleeves taken up a bit. Seems that could get in the way of yer gun-slingin', y'know? :)

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Great pictures!

OK, now I'm going to have to make a trip to Tombstone. I'm a major western history buff. Thanks for sharing these!

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
I was there in March last year. I had some training to do in the area before heading over to Iraq. It was a bit expensive if I recall but I had a blast. The shows were great and it was nice to be in the company of some folk who know how to dress. ;) :)

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DRB said:
Here are some pictures of some nice hats taken at Tombstone, Arizona, near the OK Corral. I think there is trouble a brewin
I think those are some good styles, inspiring to hat planning. But my question is, who has the nerve to wear them outside of a theatrical context? Can anyone wear those out on the street? If not though, I don't consider it a failure; maybe someone will incorporate elements of the design into a custom-made hat. Wide-brim hats are confidence-inspiring if the wearer can pull it off. Easier said than done though in the case of such wide brims.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
danofarlington said:
I think those are some good styles, inspiring to hat planning. But my question is, who has the nerve to wear them outside of a theatrical context? Can anyone wear those out on the street? If not though, I don't consider it a failure; maybe someone will incorporate elements of the design into a custom-made hat. Wide-brim hats are confidence-inspiring if the wearer can pull it off. Easier said than done though in the case of such wide brims.
It depends on who you are and where you live. I know some professional cowboys in Colorado and Wyoming who wear even taller hats at least that wide on a daily basis. But not me, certainly.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Blackthorn said:
It depends on who you are and where you live. I know some professional cowboys in Colorado and Wyoming who wear even taller hats at least that wide on a daily basis. But not me, certainly.
That's true. It brings to mind a summer I spent working at Greyhound Bus in Denver about thirty years ago. Young men came in from both Wyoming and Texas. I decided I could tell who was from where by the crown height of their cowboy hats. Wyoming fellows wore tall crowns, and Texas fellows wore flatter crowns. I took that as a foolproof distinguisher.

Tucson Raider said:
I Live in Tucson,and I don't think I could ware that much wool (or long coats) any time of the year:)

A similar thought had crossed my mind as I looked at those photos. Contrast the re-enactors' attire with that of the civilian population (aka tourists and those who cater to their feeding and watering). It's just a degree or two cooler than hell down there in the summertime, ain't it?

DRB

One Too Many
I agree, it is way too hot for the full length wool garments. However, there are pictures that show that in the past, they did indeed wear such garments. I don't know if they did it on a daily, 24/7 routine.

It was 101F degrees when I was there June 1st.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust