Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not a newsboy but I like it and its somewhat old

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2969.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
High Pockets said:
Gray Herringbone, full cut.

Great look with that coat! And the spectacles add to the vintage vibe, too...

Is that the Full or the Extra Full cut? I have two of the latter, and yours look full enough to be it...

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
At last! My latest Hatpeople cap has arrived! Thus one is not actually tweed. It's actually started life as a poorly fitting wool blazer. I was unable to sell it, and it would have required serious modifications to make it fit. But I loved the colors, so I had a hat made from it. The photos barely do the colors justice; Grays, blues, and even a touch of deep violet!
4062605680_b130029d28.jpg

4062607180_cd5551d290.jpg

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Not-Bogart13 said:
At last! My latest Hatpeople cap has arrived! Thus one is not actually tweed. It's actually started life as a poorly fitting wool blazer. I was unable to sell it, and it would have required serious modifications to make it fit. But I loved the colors, so I had a hat made from it. The photos barely do the colors justice; Grays, blues, and even a touch of deep violet!
4062605680_b130029d28.jpg

4062607180_cd5551d290.jpg

What a great way to give a piece of garment a second life, gorgeous cap!

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Thank you very much.

It is the Extra Full cut. They take a littke getting used to, but there's lots of room to play with the look. All of my Hatpeople caps are Extra Full.

AngryNJ

Familiar Face
Hatpeople website

Hello everyone. I'm new here, but have been lurking for quite some time. I have been agonizing over buying an Aero jacket for quite some time, and decided to take a break from that in order to find a new cap. I also wanted to find a decent hat for my girlfriend.

Some of the hatpeople pages have beautiful hats, but I cannot for the life of me find them in the catalogue on the site. In fact I find the site quite confusing. It has descriptions like "Sara is wearing so and so type cap". But you have no idea who Sara is on the site or the pictures... I also see lots of caps in the pictures that I don't see available for purchase, or cannot find..

I will email them my questions, and maybe politely suggest some changes to the site that may make it easier for customers.

Thank you all for the great pictures. This site has been an invaluable resource to me, and I am sure many other lurkers.

High Pockets

Practically Family
AngryNJ said:
Some of the hatpeople pages have beautiful hats, but I cannot for the life of me find them in the catalogue on the site. In fact I find the site quite confusing. It has descriptions like "Sara is wearing so and so type cap". But you have no idea who Sara is on the site or the pictures... I also see lots of caps in the pictures that I don't see available for purchase, or cannot find..

I will email them my questions, and maybe politely suggest some changes to the site that may make it easier for customers.

Welcome to the forums AngryNJ,.....I have three of their hats and love them. If I may; I would highly suggest you call them for a chat.....they are really nice folks and love to talk. It's not like talking to a receptionist either,..it's a small family business so it's like talking to one of your cousins and asking her to make a hat for you.:)

AngryNJ

Familiar Face
Thanks

Thank you High Pockets. That is the impression I got from the website. I will definitely give them a call to discuss what I am looking for.

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
The guy who runs Speedway is John Lofgren. He's an American.
He's on eBay as well, these caps sell for $79.00, free shipping.

M.M..

Viper Man

Banned
Lofgren Cap

I just wanted to give an update on the Lofgren Cap above. I ordered one on 1-3 and received it from Japan on 1-7. Amazing delivery time, all the way around the world in 4 days! The cap is very nice and about as close to vintage styling as I have seen. The salt and pepper chambray is heavier than I was expecting but being cotton, I don't expect it to be too warm in the summer which is why I bought it. It is a little on the large size but the cut is nice and full. The leather sweatband is awesome and I have no idea why other manufacturers don't use them. IMO, it blows the grosgrain bands away. Overall, I am very happy with this cap and would order another, my only gripe is that the size is on the bigger side. It stated that the cap was a large and would fit 7 1/4-7 3/8. I'd say it's closer to a 7 3/8 and may even be slightly larger.

I'm thinking that I might spritz it with some distilled water to soften up the cotton some (it's a little stiff) and I am hoping this might shrink the hat a bit, too. Sort of like an Akubra might shrink down to fit. In the meantime, I am using a bit of foam behind the sweat to shore things up a bit.

I'll try to post some pics when I get a chance if anyone is interested.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Viper Man said:
I just wanted to give an update on the Lofgren Cap above. I ordered one on 1-3 and received it from Japan on 1-7. Amazing delivery time, all the way around the world in 4 days! The cap is very nice and about as close to vintage styling as I have seen. The salt and pepper chambray is heavier than I was expecting but being cotton, I don't expect it to be too warm in the summer which is why I bought it. It is a little on the large size but the cut is nice and full. The leather sweatband is awesome and I have no idea why other manufacturers don't use them. IMO, it blows the grosgrain bands away. Overall, I am very happy with this cap and would order another, my only gripe is that the size is on the bigger side. It stated that the cap was a large and would fit 7 1/4-7 3/8. I'd say it's closer to a 7 3/8 and may even be slightly larger.

I'm thinking that I might spritz it with some distilled water to soften up the cotton some (it's a little stiff) and I am hoping this might shrink the hat a bit, too. Sort of like an Akubra might shrink down to fit. In the meantime, I am using a bit of foam behind the sweat to shore things up a bit.

I'll try to post some pics when I get a chance if anyone is interested.

Sounds great! Let's see some pictures!

The buckle can't fix this sizing problem for you? Was it not constructed to function rather added just for looks?

Viper Man

Banned
Actually, the buckle did help alot but I'd prefer not to have it too tight because it sort of changes the look of the profile. If that makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe