Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

indycop

I'll Lock Up
analogist said:
Flat-Top;

Give Brett Stiles a call (209 966-5343) and you will get just what you want. I own about 25 of his caps and love them all. I have some in cashmere, leather, linen, tropical wool, tweeds, and even in Gore-Tex. He is the cap man and his product is truly "Comfort food for the head".

analogist
Is there a site for these so you can see what they look like?

analogist

One of the Regulars
Website

indycop said:
Is there a site for these so you can see what they look like?

IC, I think many are on the website. http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear.

I supplied Brett with Johnstons of Elgin cashmere mufflers from which he made great caps. You can get these scarves cheap at;

www.sierratradingpost.com

Brett will also send swatches to you for your approval. Brett is to caps what Art is to fedoras.

analogist

Nigel

One of the Regulars
I have to concur with the majority here, Brett is the man for newsboys, I have two of them and hope to add a couple more this winter. They fit well and wear great.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
analogist said:
IC, I think many are on the website. http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear.

I supplied Brett with Johnstons of Elgin cashmere mufflers from which he made great caps. You can get these scarves cheap at;

www.sierratradingpost.com

Brett will also send swatches to you for your approval. Brett is to caps what Art is to fedoras.

analogist

I will have to get one or two for fall, there are some nice looking ones for sure!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
For all of the love that BWear is getting here, there are very few photos of the caps on the Cap Faction thread. If you've got 'em, flaunt 'em.

Magus

Practically Family
I lusted a bit at the B! ware site. then floated over to th E site. landed a NOS Christies of London Wool. With shipping cost me the grand total of $12. Pics to come shortly!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I think Brett's standard sweatband is suede. Still leather - but if you want smooth leather, that's optional.

They are awesome caps. Wore mine last night that I bought in '05.

Edward

Bartender
Any idea how quickly Brett comes back on emails? I sent him one last week, no reply as of yet. I'd hate to bother him if he's just really busy... [huh]

Got my eye on a couple of linens and a couple of tweeds for the obvious seasons...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
(pic) Brown Herringbone.

This is the brown herringbone by Brett. I love it. Next time I'm going to get another from this gent but with the leather sweat option, as I'm finding the dark dye can leave dark marks on the skin.

NEWCASTLE08001.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hi Edward,

I got in touch with Brett last month with some enquiries about the caps, and his replies were quick, normally the same day I sent the emails, next day at most. He was most helpful too. I would imagine he's out of the city, or maybe very busy, now.

Regards!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe