Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
HoosierDaddy said:
Burnsie
I was going to say that my deepcut might be a bit blousier than yours...but I think that you may just have it pulled down a little further on your head than I wear mine.
Hey!...How did you get yours so fast?? I ordered a black&grey herringbone Feb 13..and have received no shipping date on it yet!.....
HD

I'm guessing that Burnsie first posted when he got the shipping e-mail, which HatPeople sends out when it's done. If they are true to their usual timing, you should expect yours about the week of the 16th.

Burnsie, it suits you very well. I like the fabric pattern.

Speaking of shipping notices... I was informed over the weekend that my custom Hanna is on it's way across the pond! :D I hope it gets here this week. The weather might be right for it in a few days.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hey NB,

Do you mean you asked for a lighter weight cap? Those Hanna caps look nice. I look forward to your photos.

Did you order it to Hanna's directly? I have sent them several emails asking for info (crown measures, delivery times, that sort of things) and never got an answer.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Burnsie said:
Fresh out of the box - Hat people, deep cut:
hatppl-1.jpg
Burnsie, The deep cut looks just about perfect on you. Nice choice of fabric and pattern as well. This one should look great with an A-2!

Burnsie

HD and N-B13 - I ordered on Feb. 15th, they sent a shipping confirmation 10 days later. I was still surprised at how quickly it came - maybe my 23.25 head size is standard enough to have panels pre-cut!?
Carter - you know me so well - newsboys and A-2's, almost every day! :eusa_clap

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Torpedo said:
Hey NB,

Do you mean you asked for a lighter weight cap? Those Hanna caps look nice. I look forward to your photos.

Did you order it to Hanna's directly? I have sent them several emails asking for info (crown measures, delivery times, that sort of things) and never got an answer.

Hanna only does tweed wool, but I liked the ones I've seen so much, I decided to take advantage of the current exchange rate on the British Pound. This will probably be my last tweed cap.

I ordered directly from Hanna. They are very bad with e-mails. I called them and they answered all of my questions. But you still have to place the order on-line.

For those who don't know, you can get any of the hats and caps on Hanna's website in any tweed pattern they show on their tweed sample page. You are not limited to the choices listed under the specific hat. :D

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Burnsie said:
HD and N-B13 - I ordered on Feb. 15th, they sent a shipping confirmation 10 days later. I was still surprised at how quickly it came - maybe my 23.25 head size is standard enough to have panels pre-cut!?
Carter - you know me so well - newsboys and A-2's, almost every day! :eusa_clap

Wow, that was fast. They might have found one already made up from one of their recent in-person shows.

Newsboys and A-2's... Sounds as perfect as peanut butter and jelly.

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
Not-Bogart13 said:
Hanna only does tweed wool, but I liked the ones I've seen so much, I decided to take advantage of the current exchange rate on the British Pound. This will probably be my last tweed cap.

I ordered directly from Hanna. They are very bad with e-mails. I called them and they answered all of my questions. But you still have to place the order on-line.

For those who don't know, you can get any of the hats and caps on Hanna's website in any tweed pattern they show on their tweed sample page. You are not limited to the choices listed under the specific hat. :D

I went to their website and they do have a great looking 8 panel cap, but I didn't see the tweed samples page. I was interested in looking at what some of the other colors looked like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe