Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie itching to buy his first hat -- Somebody stop me!

Ugarte

A-List Customer
indycop said:
I measure 24 inches exactly. I also have 2 boonies and the sizing is horribly inaccurate for those things.:eusa_doh:

But the tale of the tape in my case is 23. At 24 you are a size 60 (7 1/2), correct? Though it seems your profile lists you as 7 5/8. I often wonder just how much "wiggle room" there is in these matters.

I should also mention that this is a really cheap boonie as well.

Mark

riccardo

Practically Family
Hi Ugarte

And welcome...I think that in future we'll begin our post so: " good morning, my name is....I'm an hat lover...".
We'll change the forum name from "The fedora lounge" to "Hat lovers company"...somethink like the place where alcoolist go to stop drink...
I don't know if what I Had wrote is comprehensible...:mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

Best regards and good luck for your new hat.
Riccardo.

Ugarte

A-List Customer
riccardo said:
And welcome...I think that in future we'll begin our post so: " good morning, my name is....I'm an hat lover...".
We'll change the forum name from "The fedora lounge" to "Hat lovers company"...somethink like the place where alcoolist go to stop drink...
I don't know if what I Had wrote is comprehensible...:mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

Riccardo.

Hi there Ricardo. Yes I get the "12-step" reference to Alcoholics Anonymous. It seems most appropriate* ;)

1. We are powerless to our attraction to classy headwear.

2. A fedora greater than our last purchase will restore us to sanity.

3. We have turned our lives over to haberdashery as we understand haberdashery.

4. We have made a searching and fearless inventory of our closets and our hatboxes.

5. Admitted to our haberdasher, to ourselves and to another hat wearer the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have Akubra, Stetson, Resistol, Cavenaugh, et. al. remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked TheFedoraLounge.com to remove our shortcomings.

8. Made a list of all persons we had not tipped our lid to, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others, or force us into a hat that isn't actually our size.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were short a hat style or color, promptly admitted it (and prepared to make a purchase).

11. Sought through retail and barter to improve our modest collection of hats, asking only for knowledge of appropriate size, color and style, and a credit card limit to carry it out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other well-dressed addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

*Apologies if I have offended any of the courageous friends of Bill W.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Ugarte said:
But the tale of the tape in my case is 23. At 24 you are a size 60 (7 1/2), correct? Though it seems your profile lists you as 7 5/8. I often wonder just how much "wiggle room" there is in these matters.

I should also mention that this is a really cheap boonie as well.

Mark
With hair I am exactly 24 in. long oval, shaved head 23 1/2. I wish I could wear a 7 1/2!:eek:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
riccardo said:

Riccardo.
bravissimo! yes it's comprehendible!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe